GSE and the Owners; where do you stand?

Mostyn6

The GSE/Owners opinion poll  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thanks for the kind wishes,ladyram. Unfortunately I don't know a great deal about either Kirkland or Gadsby and have probably far less idea of what's going on around PP than the vast majority of posters. However,I do view things with interest and when I heard SM had been appointed something in my memory bank told me he was mates with PG (can't remember where I heard this,although he would have got to know him quite well before).There's something about the Plaza that doesn't sit right for me at the moment and I'm now beginning to wonder if PG is going to build this in exchange for a stake in the club.Stranger things have actually happened.

PS I think (though I don't know) that Kirkland is far wealthier than Gadsby.

You're very welcome Ramblur :-).

Interesting thoughts you have regarding the plaza. It's odd, and I've no idea why, but for a while now I've thought that Mr Gadsby isn't totally finished with the club yet. I s'pose it's because his name keeps popping up.

Thanks for your thoughts on it.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he did it for a stake in the club then it would be at no cost to the football club, and seeing as it is a £7m project according to official statements that's a reasonable price for a stake in the club.

I noticed some To Rent signs outside the ground but no official announcements of anyone signing up.

There's been the billboard on the island where Costco/Toys R Us is for yonks, few weeks back it said final few remaining. Part of that is the Plaza, IIRC.

As for the board, I am happy with what DCFC has. While they may not be Derby 'fans' - this helps them makes rational business decisions, surely? Sure, they aren't throwing money around like the Thai owners of Leicester or the Fridge Merchants, but equally they aren't changing the club colours like the situation at Cardiff, or are win in the position of the likes of Coventry, Birmingham, amongst many other examples.

Thanks for the kind wishes,ladyram. Unfortunately I don't know a great deal about either Kirkland or Gadsby and have probably far less idea of what's going on around PP than the vast majority of posters. However,I do view things with interest and when I heard SM had been appointed something in my memory bank told me he was mates with PG (can't remember where I heard this,although he would have got to know him quite well before).There's something about the Plaza that doesn't sit right for me at the moment and I'm now beginning to wonder if PG is going to build this in exchange for a stake in the club.Stranger things have actually happened.

PS I think (though I don't know) that Kirkland is far wealthier than Gadsby.

i'm sure kirkland is. Look him up in the rich list. I think it is about £500m. I use to go conkering at the back of his house.

There's been the billboard on the island where Costco/Toys R Us is for yonks, few weeks back it said final few remaining. Part of that is the Plaza, IIRC.

As for the board, I am happy with what DCFC has. While they may not be Derby 'fans' - this helps them makes rational business decisions, surely? Sure, they aren't throwing money around like the Thai owners of Leicester or the Fridge Merchants, but equally they aren't changing the club colours like the situation at Cardiff, or are win in the position of the likes of Coventry, Birmingham, amongst many other examples.

Understand where your coming from, but at the risk of repeating so many posts over the past few years, they need to balance immediate success with the business plan. Fingers crossed, this is the basis Mclaren has joined.

Went to the fans forum last night.

Was mainly the same questions that Rush gets asked every day of his life probably, you would think people would try and be a bit more imaginative rather than asking questions they have probably seen answered in the newspaper hundreds of times before.

One thing that stood out for me was how much praise Don Amott had for them. We all know Don is one of us so to hear him saying that the owners are genuine and we are in safe hands is quite reassuring. He also said he was the last of LOG to agree to sell his shares to the new owners.

There was also a quote saying that they have increased the wage budget by £2million.this season.

Gadsby has been trying to find companies interested in moving to Pride Plaza.

He has a meeting with DCFC today to discuss progress.

How Pride Plaza will be financed is yet to be agreed.

Was this from the pub tour?

What Glick said was the plazas funding wouldn't divert funds from the playing staff - hope they don't backtrack on that.

Was this from the pub tour?

What Glick said was the plazas funding wouldn't divert funds from the playing staff - hope they don't backtrack on that.

Yes.

For me it doesn't matter how they fund it, I certainly don't envisage them selling a player to fund the Plaza and Rush said that they have increased the wage budget by £2million this year, so it would appear they are not still cutting these costs to build a nest egg for the Plaza.

From how it sounded to me last night, Gadsby is the driving force behind the whole thing and DCFC are happy to listen to his ideas.

However, it also sounded like the income from The Plaza would be very handy in relation to FFP. Vicars said we are right on the borderline with meeting FFP regulations. After a football league meeting they had been to it came out that 6 were currently not meeting FFP criteria currently and they expected this to increase to around about 10 or 12 clubs by the end of the season.

Rush on the other hand said he was in no way relying on FFP to help us going forward and that in his experience as a lawyer he thought the whole thing was there to be picked to pieces (pretty much the same thing said by Price at Forest).

Yes.

For me it doesn't matter how they fund it, I certainly don't envisage them selling a player to fund the Plaza and Rush said that they have increased the wage budget by £2million this year, so it would appear they are not still cutting these costs to build a nest egg for the Plaza.

From how it sounded to me last night, Gadsby is the driving force behind the whole thing and DCFC are happy to listen to his ideas.

However, it also sounded like the income from The Plaza would be very handy in relation to FFP. Vicars said we are right on the borderline with meeting FFP regulations. After a football league meeting they had been to it came out that 6 were currently not meeting FFP criteria currently and they expected this to increase to around about 10 or 12 clubs by the end of the season.

Rush on the other hand said he was in no way relying on FFP to help us going forward and that in his experience as a lawyer he thought the whole thing was there to be picked to pieces (pretty much the same thing said by Price at Forest).

FFP will be picked to pieces - but will the sanctions be imposed while the court cases take place. UEFA 's FFP is being challenged at the moment - but it has support from the EU competition Commisioner, will the courts go against it. Time will tell.

Yes.

FFP will be picked to pieces - but will the sanctions be imposed while the court cases take place. UEFA 's FFP is being challenged at the moment - but it has support from the EU competition Commisioner, will the courts go against it. Time will tell.

it might not need to be picked to pieces. The potential rewards outweigh the punishment by far.

A small fine and a JANUARY embargo?? SImply buy all your players in the summer!

it might not need to be picked to pieces. The potential rewards outweigh the punishment by far.

A small fine and a JANUARY embargo?? SImply buy all your players in the summer!

Sanctions also include points deductions and if you are promoted you could be given a fine equal to your entire overspend for the promotion season.

Imagine getting a few injuries over Christmas and not being able to replace them?

Sanctions also include points deductions and if you are promoted you could be given a fine equal to your entire overspend for the promotion season.

Imagine getting a few injuries over Christmas and not being able to replace them?

I got the impression that those sanctions were for repeat offenders.

i'm sure kirkland is. Look him up in the rich list. I think it is about £500m. I use to go conkering at the back of his house.

Hope you didn't get into any tangles.

I got the impression that those sanctions were for repeat offenders.

The transfer embargo and promotion tax are for first offenses - actually the points deduction isn't mentioned in the FL website that I can see but I am sure I have seen it reported somewhere.

The promotion tax is a sliding scale of find for overspends of different amounts

I think the penny has dropped to a certain extent, twice Rush said something along the lines of if Derby now got promoted the reward would be £120million split over 4 years and worrying about losses and FFP would be a thing of the past.

I say this now that they have finally stopped cutting the wage budget and claim to have put it up.

£2million might not sound much but that is £40k per week, or in the context of this league probably 4 decent players on £10k a week.

I think the penny has dropped to a certain extent, twice Rush said something along the lines of if Derby now got promoted the reward would be £120million split over 4 years and worrying about losses and FFP would be a thing of the past.

I say this now that they have finally stopped cutting the wage budget and claim to have put it up.

£2million might not sound much but that is £40k per week, or in the context of this league probably 4 decent players on £10k a week.

I said exactly the same thing, although I didn't word it as a question, more a criticism/challenge. I said something like "surely the penny will drop with the owners soon! They must one day turn around and say "Well we put £7m in to stay where we are, we are losing fans, we will NEVER get promoted, we may aswell put £11m in one year and try for promotion as 3 years of £7m is £21m, yet if we put £15m in one year and get promoted, we've saved money!" and the last thing you want is to fluke promotion with a load of sub-standard players again"

"£2million might not sound much but that is £40k per week, or in the context of this league probably 4 decent players on £10k a week."

I would imagine a fair chunk of that would be swallowed-up by the increased cost of the Schteve's management team over Nigel's.  It was reported that Nigel et al were on very low wages compared to others in the Championship.  I can't believe that the new team came cheap!

"£2million might not sound much but that is £40k per week, or in the context of this league probably 4 decent players on £10k a week."

I would imagine a fair chunk of that would be swallowed-up by the increased cost of the Schteve's management team over Nigel's.  It was reported that Nigel et al were on very low wages compared to others in the Championship.  I can't believe that the new team came cheap!

there are only half as many of them, and I'd imagine the likes of Metgod and Crosby would be on more than (previously part-time freelancer) Paul Simpson

Archived