Player Dress Code

REDCAR

Player Dress Code  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would either get away with it or you would be dropped and/or transfer-listed.

If you get away with it, then you will have won a battle of wills with the manager - and that is the first step in the manager being Paul Jewell losing the respect of his players.

I'm not saying in this instance that imposing a dress code is a good thing or a bad thing (I have my opinion) - but defying it certainly isn't good whichever way you look at it.

I just hope it isn't the start of an 'authoritarian approach' by the management team

I can't stand the 'strict rules and percentages' over flair and expressing ability

I think its a good idea and can see some logic to it.  As stated there is a clear difference in the perception of someone in a suit or in a shell/track suit. 

You've hit the nail on the head, the players will feel no differently, it's just the impression they give. However, the opposition won't see the suits, so for me it's a bit of froth, a statement to the fans. 

I just hope it isn't the start of an 'authoritarian approach' by the management team

I can't stand the 'strict rules and percentages' over flair and expressing ability

I honestly don't see that having strict dress code rules off the pitch and expressing flair and individuality on it need to be mutually exclusive.

I honestly don't see that having strict dress code rules off the pitch and expressing flair and individuality on it need to be mutually exclusive.

It probably doesn't..

I was thinking more along the lines of Fabio Capello and that style..

It all started with something similar.. Suits, then ban phones/music, then ban family members etc.

You've hit the nail on the head, the players will feel no differently, it's just the impression they give. However, the opposition won't see the suits, so for me it's a bit of froth, a statement to the fans. 

I think they will.  There are many studies that have been made and clothes do impact on the person.  Also its a device to enforce the fact that the players are transitting from one status to another, a physical and dynamic change - but hey Sir Bobby and Sir Alex used this method all the time and its all about focus.  A player in a suit has to focus on his apperance or he looks like he does not care, therefore its a state of mind that is already achieved.

Question: You have an interview for a job that is what you really want to do, what do you wear?  The best clothes you have, or sports gear?

I think they will.  There are many studies that have been made and clothes do impact on the person.  Also its a device to enforce the fact that the players are transitting from one status to another, a physical and dynamic change - but hey Sir Bobby and Sir Alex used this method all the time and its all about focus.  A player in a suit has to focus on his apperance or he looks like he does not care, therefore its a state of mind that is already achieved.

Question: You have an interview for a job that is what you really want to do, what do you wear?  The best clothes you have, or sports gear?

It's not an interview. When I taught PE, I didn't walk into school with a suit on and then get changed, Suits were for open days, to impress prospective parents. No doubt, a player will be wheeled out to say how much he likes it, but to quote Christine Keeler 'he would say that wouldn't he'.

I'm not anti it, I just think it's impact is minimal.  

It's not an interview. When I taught PE, I didn't walk into school with a suit on and then get changed, Suits were for open days, to impress prospective parents. No doubt, a player will be wheeled out to say how much he likes it, but to quote Christine Keeler 'he would say that wouldn't he'.

I'm not anti it, I just think it's impact is minimal.  

You just proved my point, your school wanted to be attractive to parents, show a level of professionalism.  I would not expect a heart surgeon to walk around 'scrubbed in' when doing ward rounds or telling me that they have to do a quadruple bypass on a relative.

I'm surprised only two have voted for "Themed fancy dress". Maybe the option should have been "freestyle fancy dress".

i was hoping for covered in Marmite so we can steal Burton supporters, or dressed in onesieees, or in mini kilts and attract over priced inefective wannabes

ps tired

I voted mufti cos i thought it meant birthday suit but i find out it just means your every day clothes.

Can i get a refund on my vote?

Don't lie. You thought that it was something to do with 'muff', you DFSHPD.

I thought Cloughie installed this a couple of seasons ago, suit for home games and tracksuit for away games (comfy travel attire)

Is that right? It wouldn’t surprise me.

The latest announcement sounds like part of the usual, bog-standard, new-broom, mission-statement type ****** you get with any new manager.

Archived