The Untold Brian Clough Story

ladyram

Just had this tweet from the Beeb.

Tonight's BBC East Midlands Inside Out tells the untold story of Brian Clough's contraversial departure from DCFC.

Uncanny timing that from the BBC eh?

Anyway, wether it is untold or not, it's on at half 7 tonight. I'll put it on me planner to record.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those of us who were at Old Trafford watching us beat United 1-0 (the scoreline flattered the home side somewhat - we were miles better as usual) just four days before just couldn't believe the news - and when it emerged some time later that it was supposedly a moronic director who had started the whole thing off at Old Trafford that day, taking the pee out of Peter Taylor and questioning what he did for the club before the whole thing spiralled out of hand - well, we were dumbfounded, to say the least. There HAD to be more to it than that.

It will be very interesting to read the 'other side' of the story, and I'm not going to pre-judge it in any way.

Those of us who were at Old Trafford watching us beat United 1-0 (the scoreline flattered the home side somewhat - we were miles better as usual) just four days before just couldn't believe the news - and when it emerged some time later that it was supposedly a moronic director who had started the whole thing off at Old Trafford that day, taking the pee out of Peter Taylor and questioning what he did for the club before the whole thing spiralled out of hand - well, we were dumbfounded, to say the least. There HAD to be more to it than that.

It will be very interesting to read the 'other side' of the story, and I'm not going to pre-judge it in any way.

Neither am I. I'm not going to prejudge it. Because I already have.

Sam was taken aback my Clough's disregard and lack of respect. Thy whole situation was untenable unless Brian backed down, shut up, and got on with the job of concentrating on the football. He was never going to do that, being so full of himself. Sam looked very hurt that it had not worked out.

That's my view. I might be wrong though.

I used to hate longson for losing clough........but now i see that he was placed in an impossible position.

And i think brian clough saw it that way too in later years.

Might be able to if you can chose inside out by region? I'm sure I've found something I've missed before. I think it's worth watching if you can mate.

I'll give it a shot in a day or two. Usually takes time to put it on there?

I've watched East Midlands version of Late Kick Off so fingers crossed!

bloody corrie , eh ?

Nah, dunna watch it, think it was something on Discovery. Either that or Scooby Doo :-D (for the lad mind ;-)).

PistoldPete2

I used to hate longson for losing clough........but now i see that he was placed in an impossible position.

And i think brian clough saw it that way too in later years.

I think if you read the book by Don Shaw you see that too ... even one of his best mates found Clough unstable and unpredictable. He had a drink problem allegedly even then.

Clough couldnt have carried on the way he was but I think Longson and Kirkland senior could have handled it a whole lot better.

I think if you read the book by Don Shaw you see that too ... even one of his best mates found Clough unstable and unpredictable. He had a drink problem allegedly even then.

Clough couldnt have carried on the way he was but I think Longson and Kirkland senior could have handled it a whole lot better.

Perhaps Peter Taylor should have restrained Brian a bit better. He must have seen that he was getting out of control. Then again, we still don't really know what went on behind the scenes.

Archived