Ben Robinson

Pearson

Perhaps Ben Robinson should mind his own business.

Clough has gone, like it or not.

He was given a very long time, nearly 5 years and did a steady job. I'd hate to think how people would have reacted had he actually achieved a promotion (or even got us into the play offs).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I know my post is a bit arsey but that's because these threads are really giving me the arse. We have a game on tomorrow, are we not interested in McClarens first game in charge?

Totally agree with you Wilko, doesn't come across as arsey, just frustrated. History is history. What's done is done, look forward and don't worry what's happened in the past, let the red dogs do what they do best, looking back, ;)

Perhaps Ben Robinson should mind his own business.

Clough has gone, like it or not.

He was given a very long time, nearly 5 years and did a steady job. I'd hate to think how people would have reacted had he actually achieved a promotion (or even got us into the play offs).

The guy was asked a question and answered it, where is the harm in that? People are making way to much of whether his achievements were acceptable or not. He has gone, there are mixed views on the way he went but we have a new manager, life at DCFC rolls on.

He was used, simple as that. 

So wrong, especially when Stevie Mac will get the funds Nigel should have had.

He had funds , but thought what he had was good enough,or there was nobody out there better than what we have.

His own fault for not spending it really.

You will have Burton Ram taking that as some sort of code to bring down the government. He is probably analyzing it at this very moment. 

Well, Regicide is illegal.

Can we stop now please. I'm tired of reading new threads that end up saying the same thing. That the treatment of Nigel was despicable (although nobody has to explain how it is anymore despicable than previous sackings) and paint him as some sort of saviour of DCFC who was crucified, I wouldn't be surprised if people turned up at pride park with Nigel pendants around their neck. Also people going on about how Rush is a horrible human being because he delivered the news. If someone can explain what Rush was supposed to do instead then let me know. But some would believe that Rush hung up the phone to Nigel, sat back on an ornate chair constructed of the limbs of previous fallen heroes and then literally started ripping pages out of a book of the history of Derby County and throwing them onto a fire that was glowing red with pure hatred, laughing maniacally whilst he did it.

Whatever level of job you thought he did here, he's gone. The company decided to sack him and the CEO had to do it and then get someone else in. The CEO has done what he's paid to do. I think it's clear now who doesn't like the decision. I'm not sure what else can come from all of this. The decision won't change.

I was disgusted with the decision, especially how and when it was made and how it was communicated (it smacks of taking advantage of a known situation with the immediate availability of Steve McClaren at best) - however, that doesn't stop me backing the new man to the hilt and it doesn't stop me shouting my guts out in an attempt to spur them on. As you say, the decision won't be changed - it is time to move on.

Nigel didn't deny he had money to spend  -  but not enough to the buy the quality that would have moved the club forward  -  and especially not the slack in the wages bill to underwrite such a player. The answer to the demands to cut the wages bill was ultimately to downsize the squad to the minimum which left us very vulnerable to the effects of injuries.  It will be interesting to see how much McClaren is allowed to expand both the squad and the wages bill.

Well there was clearly enough money there to bring Whitbread in for 3 months, although it remains to be seen whether he actually is an improvement long term.

Still, it's an option Clough had but didn't judge worthwhile - we'll see.

The Keane talk started when he was here too, so enough money for that as well.

Well there was clearly enough money there to bring Whitbread in for 3 months, although it remains to be seen whether he actually is an improvement long term.

Still, it's an option Clough had but didn't judge worthwhile - we'll see.

The Keane talk started when he was here too, so enough money for that as well.

and Smith, cant have been cheap !

but for every arguement for NC theres another against.... and atm, none of its relevant anymore  :unsure:

Sorry I know my post is a bit arsey but that's because these threads are really giving me the arse. We have a game on tomorrow, are we not interested in McClarens first game in charge?

A game tomorrow you say?

Dirty Leeds... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Some game Wilko. Bring on the TEN!

We could ask GSE to build a shrine to Saint Nigel in one corner of the stadium where you could all go and let out your feelings of grief.

We could turn it into a bit of a money spinner, sell branches to flagellate yourselves with, jars of holy Derwent water to anoint yourselves, things like that.

The Americans are good at nostalgia, I'm sure they'd go for it if it means bringing a few bob in.

We could ask GSE to build a shrine to Saint Nigel in one corner of the stadium where you could all go and let out your feelings of grief.

We could turn it into a bit of a money spinner, sell branches to flagellate yourselves with, jars of holy Derwent water to anoint yourselves, things like that.

The Americans are good at nostalgia, I'm sure they'd go for it if it means bringing a few bob in.

It seems to me that it is the anti-Clough brigade who are carrying these threads on. A bit boring really, get a life and move on!!

Archived