Continental trip next summer?

eddie

We had such a fantastic time in Dublin this July - I wonder whether Derby will be playing a pre-season friendly on the continent next year, given McClaren's contacts in Holland and Germany?

Personally, I reckon that a little jaunt to Belgium is called for, with Bruges being top of my list.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd **** my pant's with excitement if we got a trip to any of the following;

Belgium

Germany

Holland

Czech Republic

Croatia

Portugal

Italy

Switzerland

Pre season is, unfortunately, as close as many of us fans are going to get to a proper European awayday. 

Bruges is a fabulous place only trouble is after Rams fans enter the old square and taste the Larger larger larger larger. They may not find their way to the Friendly .

I'd probably stay in the Staminee de Garre

With a nice few glasses of Bacchus or The Famous Straffe Hendrik. Jeff's favourite lager lol ha ha

Any de Halve Maan beer will do. Awesome brewery.

Quite partial to Kasteel and Brigand too. The only Bacchus stuff you see that often in the UK is their Kriek and Framboise.

You have very good knowledge Eddie you are a bit of a connoisseur I can see.

I've been working on raising my alcoholism to a more refined level for many years now.

Personally, I reckon that a little jaunt to Belgium is called for, with Bruges being top of my list.

As long as there's a drug addicted dwarf and plenty of gay beers, i'm totally up for a trip to Bruges.

Just dont be trying to take me to any of them old churches. Yawn.

They should tour Mexico

We have plenty of good beer, good weather and decent football teams too..

Plus then I won't have to resort to telling Sammon how rubbish his ball control is through my TV screen :ph34r:

Plus the manager can learn the same type of training sessions as Pep Guardiola.. And then we can play like Barcelona

Belgium

Germany

Holland

Czech Republic

Croatia

Portugal

Italy

Switzerland

Pre season is, unfortunately, as close as many of us fans are going to get to a proper European awayday. 

I remember going to Holland/Belgium in 2000 for a pre-season. We played Den Haag in the last game and the Dutch were waiting outside the ground to fill us in. Head down and taxi straight back to the Dam. There was a good couple of hundred Derby there.

Belgium

Germany

Holland

Czech Republic

Croatia

Portugal

Italy

Switzerland

What about Liechtenstein or Vatacan City they are lovely in the summer time

Archived