Followings

Mafiabob

Will be interesting the next couple of away games to see if there is a sudden boost in away support now everything has changed.

I think home support will pick up to around 23/24k mark regularly for a bit but like we've seen away support has fallen off a cliff in last few seasons. Obviously because we've been so poor on the road and knowing what's going to happen in games people got fed up of going. Just wonder if there is going to be a upsurge just because of the change in management. :)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno. Speaking personally, my attendance at away matches is governed less by the recent performances/results and more by logistics (money, getting to/from the match, is it a school night? etc). That won't change with the new coaching team.

I think home support is more affected by performances than away to be honest. A lot of the away support is made up of die-hards who go regardless of results.

Not a bad atmosphere though!

I think it's going to take a lot to sell 10-15k pay on the gate tickets.

There are about 8,000 home tickets left for the Leeds game as we speak. Don't know how many we will sell up to the match...possibly another 1,000? If Leeds sell there full allocation that would mean a gate of 26,000. Would be nice to be pushing 30k each home game but for that we need the feel good factor of the second half against Ipswich to continue for a few games.

I don't think there will be much change unless we start seriously contending for the top 6.

People who used Nigel as the reason they stayed away just wanted a half decent lie to cover up. I seriously doubt the majority of them will be back. The easy answer to opt out.

YES!

You'll be surprised how many from the Ripley, Alfreton & Heanor supporters Branch who didn't renew because of the previous management.

Or maybe it could be down to the fact people like myself just can't afford season tickets at the moment?

in answer to the last two posts , i've just bought  a '6 match deal' .. dunno why ,

i love Nige , and see what he was trying to do , albeit steadily . Something clicked in

me brain , call it blind optimism , but that second half comeback 'kick started' summat

COYR'S..

I can name several people who have been attending home and away games for the past thirty years. They've stopped going solely because they'd become bored stiff of the previous management.

Season tickets aren't even that expensive compared to other sides at this level and you can pick up a match day (deal of the week) ticket for 12-16 quid.

Besides you can do certain pay monthly package deals on season tickets nowadays.

in answer to the last two posts , i've just bought a '6 match deal' .. dunno why ,

i love Nige , and see what he was trying to do , albeit steadily . Something clicked in

me brain , call it blind optimism , but that second half comeback 'kick started' summat

COYR'S..

Is it the next 6 matches or various games over the season?

Archived