Followings

Mafiabob

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES!

You'll be surprised how many from the Ripley, Alfreton & Heanor supporters Branch who didn't renew because of the previous management.

I remember when there were three branches up there.

We used to have a double decker from Utch and about 40 on the train bitd.....

Yeah, but that was understandable - it was a day out from Utch.

:p

• 3 weeks later...

Decent following at Watford yesterday, sounds like there selling well for QPR as well, resurgence in our away support I hope!

Shows that while money is a genuine excuse for thousands all over the country it's not the reason Forest and Leicester sell tickets and we haven't been.

It's results and excitement. That's why we don't get many away. People can't be arsed.

Shows that while money is a genuine excuse for thousands all over the country it's not the reason Forest and Leicester sell tickets and we haven't been.

It's results and excitement. That's why we don't get many away. People can't be arsed.

Agree, I will probably manage a couple more this season. Financially permitting. Every team has a hardcore of fans. It's people like me who needs to get to some more often!

Agree, I will probably manage a couple more this season. Financially permitting. Every team has a hardcore of fans. It's people like me who needs to get to some more often!

Not when you can't afford it mate.

But this is what happens. If we are praying for a draw at Barnsley then people won't try to free up cash to go and then you just get the hardcore.

When we believe we're going away to play a bit and look for 3pts then people make more effort to free up time and money.

A few hundred people might go to QPR that wouldn't have normally. Then they might not have the spare cash for a bit but a hundred different people will have freed their cash. Keeps the numbers up.

It's when we're ***** and boring that everyone just directs their finances elsewhere.

Same at home too. I bet the Brum attendance is decent. Bet it's as good as Leeds (not including away fans!).

But this is what happens. If we are praying for a draw at Barnsley then people won't try to free up cash to go and then you just get the hardcore.

When we believe we're going away to play a bit and look for 3pts then people make more effort to free up time and money.

A few hundred people might go to QPR that wouldn't have normally. Then they might not have the spare cash for a bit but a hundred different people will have freed their cash. Keeps the numbers up.

It's when we're ***** and boring that everyone just directs their finances elsewhere.

Same at home too. I bet the Brum attendance is decent. Bet it's as good as Leeds (not including away fans!).

Yeah good points there. I reckon Birmingham might be around 27000 mark depending on there following (max 2000) seeing as there not doing too well

Spot on. Have had to apply for a loan though for QPR (Well over £100 with beer money). Only kidding but you are right, I would have spent that money elswhere and given the game a miss.

Spot on. Have had to apply for a loan though for QPR (Well over £100 with beer money). Only kidding but you are right, I would have spent that money elswhere and given the game a miss.

Exactly.

Thousands think exactly like that. I'm not knocking it either.

But with some belief you've got those thousands starting to try and free up spare cash.

Might get like Leeds one day where the away support it a source of pride again.

Fair comment to make that people simply don't go if the mentality away from home is to try and pick up a point, even if it is a team we should be beating.

I looked at train prices for Bournemouth away a while back and found them to be over £100, not to mention match ticket, food, drink (and maybe a place to stay overnight) etc.

Football is expensive for us fans, hopefully DCFC will start to help us out in the future with helping us afford away days. They've already tried to look after fans at home by having tickets as cheap as £14 for adults at most games

Fair comment to make that people simply don't go if the mentality away from home is to try and pick up a point, even if it is a team we should be beating.

I looked at train prices for Bournemouth away a while back and found them to be over £100, not to mention match ticket, food, drink (and maybe a place to stay overnight) etc.

Football is expensive for us fans, hopefully DCFC will start to help us out in the future with helping us afford away days. They've already tried to look after fans at home by having tickets as cheap as £14 for adults at most games

I think all clubs could help each other out with regards ticket pricing. Would be happy to see Derby charge away fans the cheapest entry a Derby fan gets. Rather have 1500/2000 away fans instead of 4/500

Archived