On the shopping list and on the chopping block

Mafiabob

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd get rid of Buxton and Bavies. Whilst I don't mind bavies as a bit part, he is about 32 now, so ship him out while we can... think Dawkins can do his job (can see him being easy enough to sign perm if he plays alright).

Permanently, we need a CB, RB and probably another CM when Hughes goes.

Why should we get rid of Bucko? A good championship squad needs 4 solid CB's.

-We have two on loan Wisdom and Whitbread

-Keogh and Buxton

-Two injured O'brien and Barker 

-And a few youngsters

Out of all of that I would like us to get a recurring season long loan Prem' player and to own 3 other CB's. As for the youngsters, if after a couple of seasons they are not considered to be one of the top 4 CB's at the club, move them on. 

We have far too many inactive CB's at this club, it is nonsense that we should get rid of an active CB. In January I would like us to sign Whitbread and look at possibly letting Barker and O'brien leave. I don't think we should be still viewing O'brien as one for the future, because of his injuries. 

I would like us to get an exact Ben Davies style replacement and get another option for LB. 

Sell Bucko?  Are you lot on meth?  He is low cost and will rip his own heart out and eat it if told to do so coming on in the 89th minute.  I know for a fact that he would sooner smash his skull in and not try and head the ball at a corner, he is Derby's 'break glass incase'

Is there better out there? Yes, however as a CB on a bench that comes on fired up when ever asked I would keep him.

would still like to see Michael Keane on loan or permanent, Albrighton on the same deal, and we certainly need a LB although i have no idea who, also cover in CM, maybe Larnell Cole

Also would like to see us look at the foreign market

You win the numpty award for seeming to endorse players you'd probably never heard of until last week.

Immediate signings:

CM

LB?

January ins:

LB

RW/RM

January outs:

Forsyth

Buxton

Atkins

Deeney

Jacobs

Sounds like Jacobs played ok in the U21's game last night - will anyone give this lad a run in the team?! If he fails, fair enough but I reckon he deserves a crack at it - Bennett is still learning his trade and I'm not sure Dawkins is really any better but time will tell. Would keep Jake and Forsyth around as squad players (if they're happy to do that).

Archived