Steve McClaren

Day

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What???? You'd rather give Phil Brown the reigns again over McClaren???? I've read some out there posts in the last couple of days but this takes the biscuit. Does the additions to the coaching staff not show the positive direction the club is taking? 

For you to say SM is no better than NC is beyond me also. SM is renowned as a top class coach, NC really isnt. SM was given the England job for gods sake, NC is no where near his level.

Yeah, and he had loads of success managing England.....oh wait, no he didn,'t he failed to qualify for the 2008 Euros!!

If you read the post, I said SM is no better as a manager than NC. He may be a great Coach, but I don't see him as the man to take Derby forward.

I would rather the Board had looked for a manager who already had success taking a team out of the Championship.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/steve-mcclaren-we-were-the-wrong-fit-for-the-first-time-in-my-life-i-had-to-walk-away-6268056.html

it's too long to paste but this is a very interesting interview with Steve a couple of years ago. Talks about the reasons he took the Forest job, talks about what went wrong. Talks about the need for an early fit, for early acceptance. Talks about what he's learned and talks about being careful with the next job he chose.

Where did he end up after Forest? How did that careful planning go Steve?

The trio appointed should certainly fit right in and feel at home straight away. You;d think the players themselves must have some kind of large respect for a former England manager with experience of the top flight. It's almost a match made in heaven, Derby people coming home to look after the club they love.

Sam Rush has hand picked very cleverly, he's replaced one set of staff with an emotional attachment to the club with a different set.

There can be no excuses now.The board and the genius CEO have announced it's time to step up.

Steve McClaren himself thinks very carefully before taking jobs. He does his due dilligence and knows exactly what his long term plan is, he doesn't just take a job to try to prove people wrong.

I like this not liking a manager lark. I could get quite good at it.

I think it's a terrible decision. I prefered the last lot.

I'll be cheering the lads on tomorrow night but I will not back this change.

Archived