Who do you think made this decision

sage

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It pretty obvious that Rush and NC never saw eye to eye.

When I went to see Rush when I argued the case for disabled season ticket holders last March, his first question to me was "What is your opinion of Nigel Clough?"

I think the pressure is on Rush to get us our PL payday. I think he's listened to fans concerns and then decided he himself isn't very convinced by our performances. I think he's put forward a name that he feels will be able to take this team on and they've trusted him

I think he was brought in to hurry the process. There's no money in this league. He's trying to get results too.

No evidence btw. This is all just throwing ideas out there?

Ironically Brett Wilson sends Rush here to gather our opinions and watch our mixed results and then sits on twitter wondering why he's getting mixed response.

Obviously Brett Wilson knows money. But I'm pretty sure he's not qualified to talk **** about football. Well, football the game. Played on grass. Not on paper. Watched by tribal lifelong fans. Not soccer spectators.

When I went to see Rush when I argued the case for disabled season ticket holders last March, his first question to me was "What is your opinion of Nigel Clough?"

If your being serious that is very interesting.maybe they were waiting for a time in which the clough haters in numbers were there highest and loosing to the red dogs always creates a couple

Whoevers idea it was, I think they've misjudged the timing of it, aswell as the mood after it was announced.

Did they think that if we lost to Forest today the mood would be such that nobody would be bothered by Nigel going? That they could quietly announce it and go about their business like nothing had happened?

Pfft.

Whoevers idea it was, I think they've misjudged the timing of it, aswell as the mood after it was announced.

Did they think that if we lost to Forest today the mood would be such that nobody would be bothered by Nigel going?

Wouldn't surprise me if they thought that they could play on the negative emotional response of losing today as a way of blunting the impact of sacking Nigel. It's cynical, it's two-faced, it's gutless, therefore it's probably true.....

One thing I don't get is why sack him after this game, I'm not his biggest fan, but given the history between the two clubs and of course his dad, surely it would have been better to do it after Tuesday or the next loss.

This game will now be remembered as the end, rather than some shitty meaningless game, which in which truth be told meant more to him that we probably know; poor timing IMO, and I wanted him out :-(

Did they think that if we lost to Forest today the mood would be such that nobody would be bothered by Nigel going? That they could quietly announce it and go about their business like nothing had happened?

Pfft.

I think they maybe could have underestimated the mood as well if they thought that they needed to camoflauge the sacking on the back of losing against Forest, am sure theyre a lot of folks whom wouldnt have cared about needed this smokescreen at all to get rid of Clough

Archived