Thank You Nigel you've done a good job

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on now, we know you're happy about it, but this thread is to say thankyou to him, not to ridicule. There are other threads on which to put your opinion.

OK apologies take that back. Just didnt want to get into a banal back and forth when every potential managers name I put up gets rejected out of hand. Will move on.

Yep was out of order. Didnt mean to patronise anyone. Have been on here long enough to have seen many threads when successors to Clough get mentioned then the pro Clough brigade surprsingly find fault with every one on the list and didnt want to get dragged into another no win debate.

Clough took on a job no one else would have wanted. He went about his business with minimal fuss and steadied the club, giving us a great platform to build from. I wanted him to be the man to take us on and get us promoted. That would have been magical. However, it felt like he had reached his limit, which only made it more frustrating as I wanted him to do so well.

I look at it like this. The club is in a better place and well positioned to move forward. We should thank him for that.

Been reading this forum for probably the past 2 seasons now and it's only after today I feel the need to sign up and comment.

Thankyou Nigel Clough for guiding our club through a massive transitional period. Thankyou for giving us some great memories against Forest and Leeds. You came in when we were hurtling down the championship under o paul and provided some much needed stability whilst we changed the focus of the club to a more sustainable one. You have kept to the remit of your job of keeping us competitive in this division whilst getting rid of high earners and putting together a young hungry team. 

I know it has been put on here before but could someone let me know Sam Rush's email address. There are ways of going about getting rid of a manager and there are ways that are shoddy, in my opinion. There aren't many people who will be more gutted about the result today and to have this on the same day is shocking. 

Would they have sacked him if we'd have won today? surely one game doesn't decide a manager's fate. 

nigel, if you're reading this... thanks. you've done a lot for the club, particularly in the improvements to our youth academy. will hughes, mason bennett, jeff hendrick owe you one. 

sacking was stupid. up and down form... but by no means in trouble. i'm a firm believer that this decision could make or break the club... let's hope it makes it.

Big thanks Nige.

I didn't always agree with your every tactical decision and i'm sure i'll be the same with the new manager but, overall, i believe you did a good job. You kept us up while slashing the wage budget and having very little capital to spend. If ever a club was in danger of sinking like a stone it was us after the Davies/Jewell era.

A decent bloke with DCFC's interest at heart. I would have liked to see you have a decent wedge to spend to see what you could do, alas we'll never know. Or will we? I'm sure another club will be in for you shortly.

When you're out and about in town Nige, walk tall, hold your head up high mate. You have nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed of. You've served DCFC well and to the best of your ability. Your Mum and Dad would be proud of you.

Big thanks Nige.

I didn't always agree with your every tactical decision and i'm sure i'll be the same with the new manager but, overall, i believe you did a good job. You kept us up while slashing the wage budget and having very little capital to spend. If ever a club was in danger of sinking like a stone it was us after the Davies/Jewell era.

A decent bloke with DCFC's interest at heart. I would have liked to see you have a decent wedge to spend to see what you could do, alas we'll never know. Or will we? I'm sure another club will be in for you shortly.

When you're out and about in town Nige, walk tall, hold your head up high mate. You have nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed of. You've served DCFC well and to the best of your ability. Your Mum and Dad would be proud of you.

Well said uttox. Good post.

I'd love nothing more than to see Nigel do well at a club with money, as for us, I think we might be screwed.

The thing about that is... he chose to spend his highest sums of money on Captain Calamity Richard 'Claude' Keogh and the now benched Connor Sammon. The former being his biggest mistake in my eyes.

I'm saying this but I am firmly in the 'thanks for the job you did' camp.

The thing about that is... he chose to spend his highest sums of money on Captain Calamity Richard 'Claude' Keogh and the now benched Connor Sammon. The former being his biggest mistake in my eyes.

Thanks coco monkey i agree with you. But if you look at the best. How many fails has sir akex had. May be people need to discuss them!.

its not the decision as much as the timing, it is inexcusable. Nigel has done a fantastic job of sorting out the mess that the previous regime and billy davies/paul jewell made. absolutely fantastic. 

I would have liked to have seen it out to the international break and see where we are in the table then.

billy davies bought in claude davis, kenny misser, gary teale, EDDIE FIN LEWIS. and he still left before he was sacked.

Archived