New Manager?

Catch 23

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

personally, being different I would like either mark robins or lee clark. both young both ambitious both good at tactics, both play football the correct way. I watched hudders the other night and the way robins changed the formation for the second half was brilliant he really seems to know what hes doing and plays great football. as with clark he again plays football the right way but very restricted where as with us he would have a decent budget and I believe it would get the best out of him although I firmly believe he is doing a great job at brum at the minute. i recken both would come cheaply and would transform us into a top 6 side. i know not many will agree with me but there you go!

Two interesting options.

It's going to be interesting to see who else gets mentioned.

Personally I think they have got to go for a big name to vindicate the sacking.

I think we could be surprised by the appointment we make. I think the penny has finally dropped that these owners will NEVER get their money back whilst we are in the Championship.

I don't think we will be as bargain basement as some think.

sounds like wishful thinking. Hope you are right.

24 hours later, I am shocked but not surprised by this, however I would rather eat Billy Davies' pants than have the Wally with the brolly in charge. That would be a disaster. Gus Poyet would be ideal for me. I feel that its probably better now than if its too late. Give the new guy 3 months to assess what he has inherited and where he needs to change come January. BTW start with a new CH and look at LB too.

And finally, I have always backed NC and want to say Thanks and good luck.

McClaren or Appleton won't get 5 years.

Whoever is coming in is going to be expected to get us challenging in the next 12 months. No more long term plans.

There's a lot of pissed off fans at the moment, who are not going to give the new manager a lot of time to settle.

I'll be one of them.

If the new bloke must be here to finish higher than midtable or what's the point.

24 hours later, I am shocked but not surprised by this, however I would rather eat Billy Davies' pants than have the Wally with the brolly in charge. That would be a disaster. Gus Poyet would be ideal for me. I feel that its probably better now than if its too late. Give the new guy 3 months to assess what he has inherited and where he needs to change come January. BTW start with a new CH and look at LB too.

And finally, I have always backed NC and want to say Thanks and good luck.

would you put salt on them? or brown sauce?

My top 5 shortlist;

George Burley

George Burley

George Burley

George Burley

George Burley

Failing that, Sean Dyche looks a promising young manager. Phil Parkinson has recovered from a couple of dodgy spells & plays good stuff - turning Bradford around is a seriously impressive job.

If we do need to go down the grizzly old veteran's route, I wouldn't be totally opposed to Neil Warnock. He's never going to be popular but he would add steel to this team. His spell at QPR where he inherited a load of flair players & crafted a winning side that played some fantastic stuff would make me hopeful he could do the same here.

Archived