Clough Has Gone

Shuff264

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have thought about it alot and i actually wouldnt mind Steve McLaren.For anyone who watches Fantasty football league show will see when they asks players questions about managers they played for he always got best tactical manager for any england lads.

We play football in the early dutch style he is hugely experience in dutch football and is really interested in producing young players and imagine the joy at the fact if he did well that he ****** up forest and did well for us. 

Wow, logged onto BBC website to check the premier scores and there's an article about Clough being sacked.

Absolutely gutted for him, so wanted him to succeed. I feel his tenure was a success really, the youth system could keep feeding for years.

Not totally surprised though, he'd lost a lot of fans over the past few weeks.

Gutted.

Please god, let's not get the former England manager who has gone on to win the Dutch title with a little known club.

Sorry but McLaren would be an excellent appointment by the board. He'd continue with the same philosophy as Clough in developing players from within, for me that is an essential requirement.

I have always been a staunch supporter of Nigel and I still am. I think the timing is poor (Forest defeat) and the lack of funds unfair. Nigel is a proud, dignified man who was a superb ambassador for the club.  

Having said that this is now an opportunity to see exactly what the ownership group are about. The next appointment is crucial as will be the funds available. The club statement alludes to moving the club forward. Time to put their money where their mouth is.

It's only my opinion, but I do feel we have the players worthy of a top 6 finish. The problem is we needed a manager with more tactical knowledge to get the best out of the team.

When you take the games on face value, we beat the poor sides but when up against decent sides we were getting battered.

I liked clough and wish him all the best but we needed to move on. so I say, good, brave decision from the board.

Thinking aloud.  The sacking was obviously on the cards (not meeting the Board's expectations)  that's why Clough insisted on notification rather than attend a meeting.  So it may be a shock to all the DCFC fans but it was not such a shock to Clough.

I'm still waiting for you to run around the city centre naked

Many people make silly statements on a message board.

A few people make nothing but silly statements on a message board.

We need Albert to draw some Venn diagrams.

Not seen any posts on here yet postulating that the board maybe pooing themselves now and dont fancy writing off another 7 million quid again this summer so are trying to rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic

If they sell Hughes before June 30th then they wouldn't have to - the Hughes money would cover the losses and we'd meet FFP requirements with ease.

Had we won today would Clough still have been Sacked??

When they say preparations are well under way finding a new manager suggests they've been working on it for a fair amount of time.

I think so. I think they already have someone. For them to say they hope to get someone in for tues says to me someone has been contacted.

Archived