Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Boycie

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SSD, don't you think we played too narrow today? There didn't seem much width at all.

Yeah it's just down to the formation we play. We don't have any wingers in the starting line up. I just think teams have found an easy solution and just make it look effortless, which makes things even more frustrating.

Ronnie I agree that we missed that final ball but gown many deliveries from Ward were wasteful? He's becoming like Cywka in he can get at players but can't find the final ball - cant find a man or get a **** on target. He was threatening and wasteful at the same time.

We need to better at the back, we are getting worse. For their goal the mistake in marking was bad enough but why did one of our guys try to turn a man in the box instead of putting in the stands.

Can't argue with that Dav. I didn't think Wardy was going to come out second half. First of all to try and play your way out of your own box like that is criminal, then he had a chance to wipe ball and lad out and hung his leg in. Unforgivable.

I don't think Nigel trusts that Jacobs would give him more than Ward did. That's why he's not getting on.

Forsyth for the corner though, you can't legislate for that. There was even a second corner where the commentators are saying he;s much closer this time. I'm telling you, if the ball in was better, he'd lost him again.

Agree we need to get better at the back, I've not heard the post match interviews but if NC is talking about NOT bringing anyone in before Tuesday, then he's heaping a bit of pressure on himself.

It's not time to panic though, again overall we've not played badly, there were three or four moves of real class (Brysons through ball springs to mind).

If NC is going and there's going to be some hostility, it sholdn't be based on today. We went away from home to a promotion favourite and did ok. I know we lost but we played alright.

He didn't seem too bothered by the defeat. "Very happy" with the performance. Although he's furious about Keogh's sending off and how little we get from officials in general.

Well I think it would have been completely pointless to come out and slate them. Yes they need to defend better and I'm sure in huge dressing room he would be saying that. The players are desperate for a boost and I think he is trying to give them that.

May just be me, but I never take what Clough says in huge media at face value

It's not time to panic though, again overall we've not played badly, there were three or four moves of real class (Brysons through ball springs to mind).

If NC is going and there's going to be some hostility, it sholdn't be based on today. We went away from home to a promotion favourite and did ok. I know we lost but we played alright.

Don't think anyone is panicking, more that a top 6 finish is the aim and I'm not sure anybody, bar Rush, believes we have a hope-in-hell of achieving that.

Come to mention it, was a top 6 finish the stated aim at the start of last season? Wouldn't surprise me if we were saying that the year before as well...too many pie-in-the-sky aspirations and not enough doing.

If we're around midtable around Christmas (I suspect we will be) either the board or Clough will be put under serious pressure as you sense the masses have tolerated 4-5 years of "building" and now want to actually see some improvement interms of football results.

Don't think anyone is panicking, more that a top 6 finish is the aim and I'm not sure anybody, bar Rush, believes we have a hope-in-hell of achieving that.

Come to mention it, was a top 6 finish the stated aim at the start of last season? Wouldn't surprise me if we were saying that the year before as well...too many pie-in-the-sky aspirations and not enough doing.

If we're around midtable around Christmas (I suspect we will be) either the board or Clough will be put under serious pressure as you sense the masses have tolerated 4-5 years of "building" and now want to actually see some improvement interms of football results.

Problem is we are not together in where the blame lies. So the chances of pressure is reduced. Some would say board others Nigel and without a single focus then the "pressure" will be watered down.

The main thing that stood out today is that we only have 1 game-plan. I think Clough is being naïve if he thinks we can beat every team by playing our 'nice' football. When we come up against organised, defensive teams we need to be able to grind out results and we can't do that because there is no Plan B. A lot of the time today we ended up 'hoofing' the ball up the field because our players had no time on the ball. We need to be able to adapt our game if we are going to achieve anything this season!

What would you like to see him do specifically as a 'plan B'? You have mentioned we play nice football and also hoofball.

i'm quite looking forward to the ipswich game to be honest, i would like to see eustace as captain and maybe gjokaj in defence. I reckon we will win and keep a clean sheet. 

forsyth was at fault for the goal but keogh should have been shouting at him to keep onto his man. Useless captain

I'm sure you know a lot about it what with your knife digging antics.

See, you can't even answer my question.

How can you label me or anyone else for that matter a "wrist slasher" having had two poor results on the bound against local rivals and failing to win a league game at home thus far when were almost in October?

Is this acceptable then? am I suppose to sit back and be all happy after each defeat? If we lose against Ipswich that's cool, nobody will say a dicky bird and we shell all be overwhelmed at the prospect of another load of points dropped down the swanny.

I'll praise the club for such a result in future, I apologise Sir.

What would you like to see him do specifically as a 'plan B'? You have mentioned we play nice football and also hoofball.
I'd say there is no need to change the style. I don't agree that you suddenly need to playa physical ugly game. I would say that when games are looking crowded in the middle then a change to exploit the space out wide would be a good plan B As one example. Plan A and Plan B are not set in stone. Your Plan A should depend on who you play against and your Plan B on how the game is going.

Is say there is no need to change the style. I don't agree that you suddenly need to playa physical ugly game. I would say that when games are looking crowded in the middle then a change to exploit the space out wide would be a good plan B

As one example. Plan A and Plan B are not set in stone. Your Plan A should depend on who you play against and your Plan B on how the game is going.

we could have done with someone that can make a decent delivery out wide. Reid was crap today and still managed to put two decent crosses in and they scored from one and missed a sitter from the other.

See, you can't even answer my question.

How can you label me or anyone else for that matter a "wrist slasher" having had two poor results on the bound against local rivals and failing to win a league game at home thus far when were almost in October?

Is this acceptable then? am I suppose to sit back and be all happy after each defeat? If we lose against Ipswich that's cool, nobody will say a dicky bird and we shell all be overwhelmed at the prospect of another load of points dropped down the swanny.

I'll praise the club for such a result in future, I apologise Sir.

totally agree thumbs up thingy!

Archived