Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Boycie

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On top of that, Bryson had some lovely passes in the second half, was really impressed at points. Also think Sammon should be given a start after his last two sub appearances, looks far better than what we had to begin with today and against Reading.

Agree, wasn't sure about Bryson at the start of the season as he seemed to be going through the motions. But thought he seemed our brightest spark in 2nd half. Thought Martin had a good game but more players need to get around him. Everyone else (aside Buxton he was solid) very meh

Forest set themselves up like away teams this season; letting derby have possession in areas that wouldnt hurt them.

How anyone can call it a good performance when we didn't get a meaningful effort of goal is beyond me.

Let's not forget the free header; the penalty miss and the saves grant made would have made it more convincing

NAIL ON THE HEAD. Could not agree more, I thought we were absolutely abysmal especially second half, can't believe some are saying we played well, it could have been 4 or 5 today. And Forest didn't even play well! We are what we are a average championship side meandering around. At least I've got my passion back because this hurts

Clough is on the radio talking ****** about bad luck and not getting away with giving away free headers.

It's time for him to go. Now talking about only getting players if they are better than what we got. Now talking of throwing Gjokaj in because Keogh is only out for one game. We need someone in now.

Ward more likely to get something than Jacobs. Ward has been crap for months.

Fed up, poor performance and no urgency. It's time for a change.

I got all excited when we went to 10 men I thought wed do it again but I gave up watching after a 90th minute sub comes on I mean seriously what's 1 man going to do in 5 minutes the whole team couldn't do in 90?

Some really frustrating play again. We get into great areas and then can't find that little bit of composure.

For those on about Jacobs coming on on 90 minutes. Ward was fairly threatening as well as fairly wasteful. He wouldn't have come off when he was looking threatening.

Jacobs came on the second Ward pulled up with what looked to be a tweak. Maybe that was missed. he pulled up in the same spot as last year. I don't think we would have brought Jacobs on at all. All that we lacked was a final ball. 

Hughes was poor apart from the last ten minutes. Where he dorve at them a bit more. Keogh has made two very rash challenges for both of his cards. The ref was right both times. Forsyth, very poor indeed. Not just for the goal, I think he needs to come out for a game but don't know who else would play left back.

Forest edged it, played some really nice stuff in the first 15 minutes but once we settled I thought we were actually the better side.  They looked very threatening the few times they came at us, Reid has that real touch of quality, his ball for the Henderson miss was sublime.

All in all, can't argue with the fact they slightly deserved the 3 points, pissed off that our captain is arguably the rashest player on the pitch, pissed off that the ref missed a couple of blatant opportunities to give us free kicks or corners.

We weren't that bad, I'm sure I'll be reading that we  were awful too many times over the next 48 hours or so, truth is, even when we went down to 10 we did ok.

It wasn't a horrible performance. Wasn't a great game either. Not sure how anyone thinks we deserved at least a point though. It wasn't just their goal we defended poorly for, the chance in the first half where Majewski had acres of space is another that comes to mind. The peno was a peno. Neither team really played very well but we only really had 1 chance all game.

First half I thought Bryson was poor with his final ball, Hughes had a quiet one all game, Ward is frustrating but not as bad as I've seen comments on here. He played some neat balls but his crossing and set piece delivery are poor, it's like he's a striker or something and not a winger. Keogh was poor, never looked comfortable on the ball and he looks all arms and legs, no composure and if your main CB and captain has no composure then you're in trouble. He didn't need to dive in for the peno, he needed to stay in his feet and stop any ball coming in.

Martin looked ok but I cringe when he drops to the ground under a slight touch. Bryson had a good 2nd half. Grant had a good game and I thought Bucko did ok. Full backs positioning was odd all game. Remember in the first half Smith breaks the line of four to go running to the man on the ball, who already had 2 derby players around him, leaving a load of space behind him.

Losing to Forest doesn't make us a poor team, losing the game before to Leicester doesn't make us a poor game, losing to both teams doesn't make us a poor team. It's the same story every year that makes us an average team with little sign of progressing to more than average.

1-0 was about fair, if it was 2 due to peno I'm not sure we could complain. They weren't very good but we were worse.

NAIL ON THE HEAD. Could not agree more, I thought we were absolutely abysmal especially second half, can't believe some are saying we played well, it could have been 4 or 5 today. And Forest didn't even play well! We are what we are a average championship side meandering around. At least I've got my passion back because this hurts

On that thinking of 'if and buts' we could have 4 or 5 too, with better passing, headers, shots etc. but I do understand your point.

I thought we played well, not great, but well. The point is, I thought we were well matched with them and so there is no reason to think we can not climb the table sooner rather than later. The difference was that bit of assured confidence to make sure you can take at least one chance a game. In that sense they got the goal and didn't need to take any risks.

But it's getting to the time we need to pick up points. It's getting to the time that we need an ugly win rather than play well and lose. I don't think the team confidence is high enough to play themselves out of this spell at the moment.

Ronnie I agree that we missed that final ball but gown many deliveries from Ward were wasteful? He's becoming like Cywka in he can get at players but can't find the final ball - cant find a man or get a **** on target. He was threatening and wasteful at the same time.

We need to better at the back, we are getting worse. For their goal the mistake in marking was bad enough but why did one of our guys try to turn a man in the box instead of putting in the stands.

Corners and free kicks. Nowhere near enough pace on them, they just get floated in giving their players time to get under them.

I reckon only Bavies can really cause the defenders mischief cos he whips them in, they're dangerous - todays were just not a threat at all.

Very disappointing.

Clough is on the radio talking ****** about bad luck and not getting away with giving away free headers.

It's time for him to go. Now talking about only getting players if they are better than what we got. Now talking of throwing Gjokaj in because Keogh is only out for one game. We need someone in now.

Ward more likely to get something than Jacobs. Ward has been crap for months.

Fed up, poor performance and no urgency. It's time for a change.

He didn't seem too bothered by the defeat. "Very happy" with the performance. Although he's furious about Keogh's sending off and how little we get from officials in general. 

On that thinking of 'if and buts' we could have 4 or 5 too, with better passing, headers, shots etc. but I do understand your point.

I thought we played well, not great, but well. The point is, I thought we were well matched with them and so there is no reason to think we can not climb the table sooner rather than later. The difference was that bit of assured confidence to make sure you can take at least one chance a game. In that sense they got the goal and didn't need to take any risks.

But it's getting to the time we need to pick up points. It's getting to the time that we need an ugly win rather than play well and lose. I don't think the team confidence is high enough to play themselves out of this spell at the moment.

I just think we are so lightweight that we never will win ugly. We look far too pretty and quick to take a cheap free kick instead of trying to muscle out of challenges

Hughes legs have gone he badly needs a rest. Hasn't been putting through balls to the strikers for weeks now.John E is awfully slow and can no longer last 90 mins.Adam smith was woeful constantly being pressured by Reid.Forsyth started well but fuk sake its like watching Michael owens career in 90 mins in terms of movement he was knocking balls past to start with then jogging in the second half.

The ref was really bad.They had 25+  fouls yet little cards shown their right back should have had a yellow early on in which ward could have forced him to sit off.Russell along with Hughes were being crowded out but they were really tired.If we dont get a centre back in i would like to see Lelan recalled and played with buxton as he has pace for a centre back which will compliment bucko.Bryson,bucko and Grant did okay for me.Martin was lost and even though the cheap freekicks are annoying they were our only chance of breaking the line.Yet the deliveries were crap.

If we lose against Ipswich and Leeds then I wouldn't argue against anyone wanting Clough to go. I've always thought that if we were in that lower mid table rut at Christmas then a change would be needed.

Back to the game.

Very frustrating performance. I don't think we were completely hopeless but we looked really average going forward and defending wasn't great either. Missing a match winner and we haven't had one since Commons. I thought Wardy would be that man, but he's just too inconstant.

Archived