The Drunk Thread

Boycie

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rushed back from t'match to attend another wedding (popular, me!). Had 4 pints pre match so thought i'd take me time during the evening. Spotted this little beaut on tap......

"http://www.welbeckabbeybrewery.co.uk/wp-content/themes/WelbeckAbbey/img/red-f" alt="red-f">

3.9%...i thought that'd do nicely, not too strong, be in reasonable nick sunday morning.............absolutely wrote me off, rough as fck this morning.......why does real ale destroy me more than pissy lager?

I mean, carling at 4% or even stella, i can drink without much effect but a real ale at 3.9% and i'm completely hornswaggled. I can't even remember walking the dog this morning.....must have been on autopilot.....jeez, never again..... :rolleyes:

Rushed back from t'match to attend another wedding (popular, me!). Had 4 pints pre match so thought i'd take me time during the evening. Spotted this little beaut on tap......

"http://www.welbeckabbeybrewery.co.uk/wp-content/themes/WelbeckAbbey/img/red-f" alt="red-f">

3.9%...i thought that'd do nicely, not too strong, be in reasonable nick sunday morning.............absolutely wrote me off, rough as fck this morning.......why does real ale destroy me more than pissy lager?

I mean, carling at 4% or even stella, i can drink without much effect but a real ale at 3.9% and i'm completely hornswaggled. I can't even remember walking the dog this morning.....must have been on autopilot.....jeez, never again..... :rolleyes:

i had 4 before the game then another 3 after got home and went out and had another 5 and spent all today on the sofa watching and rewinding hughes goal.

Well I'm not massively pissed, just the right amount I think.

Drinking at home, been on the Innis & Gunn 'Bourbon Stout' (limited edition 7.4%), original oak aged (6.6%) and rum cask (6.8%)(fantastic beers, all of them) as well as some Shepherds Neame Double Stout (5.2%) and Old Peculiar (5.6%)

However, I'm talking food now, did a bit of 'rip off christmas novelty' shopping earlier.

Bought a bar of 'very peculiar Marmite milk chocolate', a tube of 'Mint Chocolate' Pringles and a tube of cinnamon Pringles.

The marmite chocolate is absolutely bloody delightful. I don't ever have marmite itself, but everything 'marmite flavoured' tends to win me over, this is no exception. Buy some even if it is £3, you'll love it.

The mint chocolate Pringles... eurgh, gash. They are very, very wrong.

Not tried the cinnamon ones yet, I expect them to be a lot nicer -- I bloody love cinammon churros and I make a mean cinnamon topped banana cake.

Well I'm not massively pissed, just the right amount I think.

Drinking at home, been on the Innis & Gunn 'Bourbon Stout' (limited edition 7.4%), original oak aged (6.6%) and rum cask (6.8%)(fantastic beers, all of them) as well as some Shepherds Neame Double Stout (5.2%) and Old Peculiar (5.6%)

However, I'm talking food now, did a bit of 'rip off christmas novelty' shopping earlier.

Bought a bar of 'very peculiar Marmite milk chocolate', a tube of 'Mint Chocolate' Pringles and a tube of cinnamon Pringles.

The marmite chocolate is absolutely bloody delightful. I don't ever have marmite itself, but everything 'marmite flavoured' tends to win me over, this is no exception. Buy some even if it is £3, you'll love it.

The mint chocolate Pringles... eurgh, gash. They are very, very wrong.

Not tried the cinnamon ones yet, I expect them to be a lot nicer -- I bloody love cinammon churros and I make a mean cinnamon topped banana cake.

Mint choc pringles?? Are you serious??

Archived