The Drunk Thread

Boycie

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

_71174147_pintdrinking

Pint-drinking times featured in one 1930s project. The enduring image of the Mass Observer is of someone sitting in the corner of a pub, furtively scribbling in a notebook. And it really did happen. Findings included that the average time taken to drink half a pint of beer in pubs on a November Saturday night in Brighton in 1938 was 7.3 minutes. The study of pubs in Bolton, Blackpool and Brighton in 1938 found that people drank their pints slowest on a Tuesday evening and fastest on a Friday evening. Perhaps these findings are less surprising than the fact that someone actually wanted to ask the question. Mass Observers also collected data on how many cigarettes were smoked per pint.

(BBC)

How did you get on?

Beer of the day thread has the answer.

Took my dad along, had to cover his ears when it came to payment. He picked up a few things himself though.

Took about 40 minutes to decide what to get, constantly changing my mind. Thought it was just the one set of shelves, turned around and saw all the beers in the fridges, and all the rest on display! Some classics that I've seen recommended and more that were new to me.

Might make it a plan to go in once a month, couldn't afford any more than that!

Archived