England v Moldova

Day

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to England. Finland have much easier game, Spain at home. They are missing Mata, Isco, Alonso and Busquets so basicly they don't have a midfield at all. Some neverheard guys like David Villa, Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas and Pedro...

Draw away and now total destruction at home like last time when Spain played qualification game here (-69 I think?).

A half decent side would have had 10 tonight. England look a million miles away from being anything decent, though funnily enough Lambert is a gem who would never have been found had it not been for injuries etc. he looked a superb line-leader tonight, albeit against a League 1 standard side. I don't think I've ever seen such an inept goalkeeping display since Brad Jones wore the Ram for a few games. 

Montenegro only beat um 1-0 lol. Good performance by England . Job done at half time saving themselves for Ukraine Tuesday. Top of group now.

I can only presume they were a lot better that night! They say there's no easy game in international football, but it was attack v defence, a training exercise for the entire 90 minutes. You're no doubt right my friend by saying at 3-0 they eased off, but something in me says a world class side would have slaughtered them second half and there were far too many hoofs or misplaced passes that in the end, despite winning 4-0, I was actually frustrated!!

Fair enough but I thought it was a great night.

Get much more frustrated watching the Rams.

Real bonus Poland and Montenegro drawing.

That goes without saying.

Maybe I'm being too critical of England. No doubt a job done and one should never moan about a 4-0 win; and as you say, the draw in Warsaw was a bonus. 

Roll on Greg Dyke's vision for 2022!

Massive game Tuesday now against Ukraine. Really looking forward to it.

Can't see Dykes vision happening in the Premier League too much money at stake.

Plus nowhere near enough English players playing - even half the U21's don't line up week in, week out for their club sides. Any promising youngsters get picked up from the academies by big clubs, who they have very little chance of playing for because the cash-rich clubs in the Premiership can afford to just go out and buy anyone, without worrying about having to bring through young talent. Plus none of the managers care about the national team (why would they, I think all but four managers in the PL are foreign?).

Can't see Dykes vision happening in the Premier League too much money at stake.

Interesting that the new FA chairman has complained about the negative effect the Premier League has had on the development of English players. This can be traced back to the late 1980s when ITV, holders of live rights to the top division, were influencial in moves towards a breakaway league. ITV's head of sport at the time was a certain Greg Dyke, who has come a long way since.

Archived