Derby fans get 3 year banning orders for singing at Brighton

uttoxram75

So, exactly who was the victim of this horrible crime?

Society

as I say above:-

Smoking in toilets

alcohol in the stands

swearing

being drunk and disorderly in public

obscene hand gestures

libellous chanting

standing up in the stand

all against the law, would you ban everyone who did these?

I wouldn't ban anyone... But if a judge decided that someone doing one of those things was worth a ban then fine...

Plenty of people get bans for drunk and disorderly behaviour at the football anyways...

And standing in the seating section isn't illegal... It's against the club rules...

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Society

I wouldn't ban anyone... But if a judge decided that someone doing one of those things was worth a ban then fine...

Plenty of people get bans for drunk and disorderly behaviour at the football anyways...

And standing in the seating section isn't illegal... It's against the club rules...

that's where you're wrong, it's a civil regulation. A bit like wearing a seatbelt or speeding.

bcnram, on 05 Sept 2013 - 3:12 PM, said:"http://dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_images/dcfcfans/snapback" alt="snapback">

It is a concern when some on here cannot see what is wrong with the behaviour of the two that have been banned for three years. What they did was rightly against the law, they were caught and dealt with correctly. 

I've seen people smuggling alcohol and drinking it in the stand, and I've seen people smoking in the toilets, both acts illegal, how would you deal with these people. What about people turning up drunk? they're breaking the law surely. Foul language? Illegal. Standing up during the match? Illegal. How would deal with all these criminals?

Drinking in the stand, smoking in the stadium, turning up drunk and disorderly, over use of foul language, standing up in front of me. I would warn 'em then chuck 'em out. None of them are quite the same as what those two ****** did (and the Leeds fans in the prior game) though is it?

that's where you're wrong, it's a civil regulation. A bit like wearing a seatbelt or speeding.

Well... Every day's a school day... I stand corrected...

And I agree with your points about other kinds of offensive behaviour... It's all pretty bloody wrong and awful...But unfortunately the behaviour you saw directed towards the father and his 2 girls would be anti-social behaviour rather than a hate crime...

bcnram, on 05 Sept 2013 - 3:12 PM, said:"http://dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_images/dcfcfans/snapback" alt="snapback">

I've seen people smuggling alcohol and drinking it in the stand, and I've seen people smoking in the toilets, both acts illegal, how would you deal with these people. What about people turning up drunk? they're breaking the law surely. Foul language? Illegal. Standing up during the match? Illegal. How would deal with all these criminals?

Drinking in the stand, smoking in the stadium, turning up drunk and disorderly, over use of foul language, standing up in front of me. I would warn 'em then chuck 'em out. None of them are quite the same as what those two ****** did (and the Leeds fans in the prior game) though is it?

You don't even know what they did!!

Well... Every day's a school day... I stand corrected...

And I agree with your points about other kinds of offensive behaviour... It's all pretty bloody wrong and awful...But unfortunately the behaviour you saw directed towards the father and his 2 girls would be anti-social behaviour rather than a hate crime...

I know, but I put my life-savings on it being more offensive, hurtful and immoral than singing some immature songs at a bunch of football fans!

Ok my opinion is for what its worth, probably jack, homophobia is hostile behaviour towards gays. Ok not nice, I'll agree but is singing we can see you holding hands hostile behaviour?

Your opinion, as with everyone elses, is worth precisely one opinion... mine too unfortunately...

Homophobia is the attitude... hostile behaviour because of homphobia is the hate crime...

And again it comes down to context... the reason people are singing that to (they assume) straight fans is that they are suggesting that being gay is bad... so like when they sing about us shagging sheep... by singing "we can see you holding hands" it is suggesting that being gay is as bad as shagging sheep...

I don't think you think that...

Mostyn, I am putting this info on standing in seating areas just because it is interesting not to argue the point :) A bit off the subject but hey ho!

THE LAW ON STANDING IN ALL-SEATED GROUNDS

- Ever since the introduction of all-seater stadia, many supporters have continued to stand in 
front of their seats, often for the duration of the game.
- It is widely believed that this practice is illegal. This is not the case, even within Premier 
League and Championship grounds. The law only provides that these clubs should provide 
seats for all supporters, not that supporters must sit on them.
- The point is confirmed by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport: ‘At no point has it 
been argued that the individual spectator commits a criminal offence by standing in a seated 
area’ (Source: Letter to Football Supporters Federation, 2008)
- Standing in seated areas, is, however, contrary to ground regulations. For example, the 
Football League’s model set of ground regulations states: ‘Nobody may stand in any seating 
area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in seated areas whilst play is in progress is 
strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from the ground’.

I know, but I put my life-savings on it being more offensive, hurtful and immoral than singing some immature songs at a bunch of football fans!

I agree... completely... and would like to see the full force of the law thrown at those scumbags... But how do we prove it happened and who they were?

The point is 2 fans have been tried and convicted of a hate crime... the punishment serves as a deterent to others to do it... so it needs to be a big punishment...

And immature though it is, it's also illegal... and there shouldn't be an exclusion on that for football (don't think you said that but others have)

I can't help feeling that the people of Brighton, if offended, are having it both ways (ooo er), they play on the fact that their town is known for what it's known for. It suits them for many things and much publicity and funding for the community things that the gay people organise. 

Mostyn, I am putting this info on standing in seating areas just because it is interesting not to argue the point :) A bit off the subject but hey ho!

THE LAW ON STANDING IN ALL-SEATED GROUNDS

- Ever since the introduction of all-seater stadia, many supporters have continued to stand in 
front of their seats, often for the duration of the game.
- It is widely believed that this practice is illegal. This is not the case, even within Premier 
League and Championship grounds. The law only provides that these clubs should provide 
seats for all supporters, not that supporters must sit on them.
- The point is confirmed by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport: ‘At no point has it 
been argued that the individual spectator commits a criminal offence by standing in a seated 
area’ (Source: Letter to Football Supporters Federation, 2008)
- Standing in seated areas, is, however, contrary to ground regulations. For example, the 
Football League’s model set of ground regulations states: ‘Nobody may stand in any seating 
area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in seated areas whilst play is in progress is 
strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from the ground’.

Looks like another grey area created when rushing through laws then. I remember my training specifically... and that was that the council make the laws of what goes in inside spectator stadia and it becomes civil law. Heyho.

I can't help feeling that the people of Brighton, if offended, are having it both ways (ooo er), they play on the fact that their town is known for what it's known for. It suits them for many things and much publicity and funding for the community things that the gay people organise. 

It's not "the people of Brighton" that are the issue here... It's society in general... There is still a widely held view that someone being gay is wrong/unnatural and this should be educated out of society... People using public places like football to sir those views is illegal and so if the evidence is there people will get prosecuted for it...

Derby used to be well know for sheep... does that mean we're "having it both ways" somehow? Gay-related business in Brightin is no different from Rolls Royce being in Derby...

As far as I can see. This started because people complained to the local MP about the Leeds fans homophobic behaviour. She complained to the police and the police acted and arrested two people who were stupid enough to do whatever they did in front of the police. The judge or magistrate decided to make an example of them and they got the three year ban. Hopefully, that will deter future visitors to Brighton. The stuff you witnessed with the father/daughters was also gross and I would love to see people who do that arrested as well. The trouble is, people like being in herds and the majority follow the few. Unfortunately for these two, it seems that they must have been on their own.

Any Brighton fans reading this... 

Stop your moaning and have a think about how lucky you are to have Gaydar... (a gay radio station for those f*cking homophobic bigots that are not ITK like me) Honestly, it's bloody ace and a right laugh! Good DJ's that play proper old dance and trance, not the 90s anthems *****, the stuff we went nuts to all over the country!

I scream with tears running down my cheeks on weekends it's that funny, they ring up and request a song then say things like "out on town tonight, gotta pick Daniel up from Worthing, ooooo he's good, cheeky but he's good... then hopefully back to mine where we'll have dips then bed" or "I woke up to this track in Ibiza laying next to a local, oh the memoriiiieeees"

If anyone's bored on a friday or saturday night, put it on and you'll be on your knees  :o

So. To sum up.

Some posters think that others who feel offended by things said are tw*ts and should get a life? And that the same posters take the moral high ground over the ones who aren't offended?

Have I got that right?

Someone tell me this isn't the case?

Archived