JJB Carpark!!

derbydan

:angry: Be careful if you park he usually guys you will probably get Illegally IMO held against your will by some jobsworths blocking the road to let the people who have paid to park in the carpark behind the south stand 30 feckin minutes I was held up for after the Blackburn game!

Surely they have no legal right to block us in to let the people who pay to park out?!?

Anyway rant over just thought I'd warn you folks

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:angry: Be careful if you park he usually guys you will probably get Illegally IMO held against your will by some jobsworths blocking the road to let the people who have paid to park in the carpark behind the south stand 30 feckin minutes I was held up for after the Blackburn game!

Surely they have no legal right to block us in to let the people who pay to park out?!?

I work with the guy who runs the firm who does it... yes they can do it.

I usually abandon the car in town and walk in but the hotel weren't as daft as I thought.... so last match I parked behind the south stand, never again... SIX POUNDS!!! Surely there is somewhere cheaper or free to park that is close to Pride Park? How much is that fireplace one? Looks like I can shoot off towards Utch quite quickly from there.

I stopped going on the train because it got too expensive but it probably (definitely) ends up cheaper now, just got to decide whether it's worth getting crushed on a single carriage and the risk of disease from other passengers. 

I usually abandon the car in town and walk in but the hotel weren't as daft as I thought.... so last match I parked behind the south stand, never again... SIX POUNDS!!! Surely there is somewhere cheaper or free to park that is close to Pride Park? How much is that fireplace one? Looks like I can shoot off towards Utch quite quickly from there.

I stopped going on the train because it got too expensive but it probably (definitely) ends up cheaper now, just got to decide whether it's worth getting crushed on a single carriage and the risk of disease from other passengers. 

Navigation...

:angry: Be careful if you park he usually guys you will probably get Illegally IMO held against your will by some jobsworths blocking the road to let the people who have paid to park in the carpark behind the south stand 30 feckin minutes I was held up for after the Blackburn game!

They do actually have the legal right to do it under their contract to manage to traffic post match. They are working under the direction of the police, it stops the need of 25 extra policemen on match day.

Some of the side roads behind Costco on the undustrial estate are free, near the cattle market. About a 10 minute walk then.

Sageisback knows where you can park near the ground but he keeps it a secret.

Park in a car park you shouldn't park in and then complain you are unable to get out of the car park :lol: 

Should be grateful they don't start clamping cars, makes a right mess of your wheel arch if you try to get out with one of those attached.

Park in there every home game, there were flyers given out last season that this was going to be the case.

Someone got knocked over by a car on the bridge so it was initially a 10 minute hold up to let the surrounds empty with fans before unleashing all the traffic.

Now they obviously just let the south stand car park out too as they have paid for the privilege to park that close.

Can't see why you'd have any complaints to be honest. A 30 min wait is hardly the end of the world, stick BBC Radio Derby on and chill out for abit. Most of the traffic on the a52 and A61 has cleared by the time were out, still get back tp Alfreton the same time as we did before the hold up.

We've always parked in Chad... The roads on the other side of the bridge are always decent for parking on and it's not that far to walk...

Normally find somewhere around the corner of Eden Rd and Albert Rd to be good... Bit further to walk but really easy to get out and back to the A52...

Still bloody jobsworth's & it's illegal to clamp now Daveo! 

Feck paying £6 when you can park for free !

It just seems to me like its a two fingered salute to those who don't want to pay for parking from the club money grabbing barstewards 

Still bloody jobsworth's & it's illegal to clamp now Daveo!

Feck paying £6 when you can park for free !

It just seems to me like its a two fingered salute to those who don't want to pay for parking from the club money grabbing barstewards

Or maybe its part of the traffic plan that needed to be agreed with the council when the plaza and velodrome plans were agreed which moved the entrance to the car park. Maybe just maybe its not down to the club.

We've always parked in Chad... The roads on the other side of the bridge are always decent for parking on and it's not that far to walk...

Normally find somewhere around the corner of Eden Rd and Albert Rd to be good... Bit further to walk but really easy to get out and back to the A52...

Close it maybe... but your car isn't safe.

Archived