JJB Carpark!!

derbydan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a lady giving a steward some grief on the exit oppo subway as well.

And a one armed bloke was angry too.

Apparently it's totally illegal for Derby to close the roads?

I'm sure it's on police advise though.

I did have a little chuckle when I was pointing out to lil'boycie that it would teach them all not to leave the ground early in future!

There was a lady giving a steward some grief on the exit oppo subway as well.

And a one armed bloke was angry too.

Apparently it's totally illegal for Derby to close the roads?

I'm sure it's on police advise though.

I did have a little chuckle when I was pointing out to lil'boycie that it would teach them all not to leave the ground early in future!

It's not illegal. It's a security firm doing it.

I was talking to one if the stewards in the industrial estate opposite the North Stand last season. They are acting on behalf of the police and the roads are closed as part of the stadium traffic management plan - which is needed by the council for events to be held. It is totally legal, and in fact ignoring the stewards would be illegal.

I was talking to one if the stewards in the industrial estate opposite the North Stand last season. They are acting on behalf of the police and the roads are closed as part of the stadium traffic management plan - which is needed by the council for events to be held. It is totally legal, and in fact ignoring the stewards would be illegal.

Is it illegal to drive away at speed with a steward holding on for dear life to the bonnet of my focus??

Never understood people's obsession with parking so close to the ground. It's pretty much standard that I can walk back home to other side of town by the time people in cars parked on Pride Park have got out.

Even when I used to get the matchday bus from outside the Eagle Centre (sorry..Westfield) I'd never get it back to town again because it was quicker to walk.

I understand if people have disabilities or are knocking on a bit but jesus man – get your walking boots on!

well, anyone can apply for a road closure permit I guess.

Anyway, no doubt you know the guy who runs the security firm or summart?

Yes, as I said before, the guy who manages the operation sits behind me at work.

That sounds like the most logical reason. I see everyone ranting at the stewards after the game thinking they have the right to go. I even saw one person fly down the wrong side of the road and went through a load of cones after the Leicester game. I'm sure they are not thinking about road safety or other fans walking back from the match. For gods sake it's about 10 mins they are held back for what's the problem? Is their tea going cold? From my experience of football matches if you park near the ground you don't have far to walk but don't expect a quick exit after the game. Or leave at half time if your in such a rush to get home.

It winds them up because the sneek out the ground with 5 minutes to go so they can get away quick and miss the crowds.

So when it back fires, they get stressed out.

Park further away, or sit quietly, and suck it up.

Or wait till the final whistle blows, and applauded the team off the pitch.

Or boo, obviously.

Drive or train to Utch.

Make your way to the pleasant and ancient market place

Give the finger to the fruit and veg chap on the market stall (gump)

Locate the Black Swan pub int corner of said market place

Have a pint of Bass and ask if there's room ont minibus to Derby.

If ok, enjoy the camaradie and rogueish banter 

Watch for the sudden exodus to the back of the pub. There's no fixed time to leave and its usually done by telepathy so the unwary can get left behind....

Listen to highly embellished tales of old for 30-35 minutes

exit the bus 100 yards from the statue

Leave the stadium on the final whistle, swiftly make your way to the Range Rover showroom on Derwent Way where the minibus will be waiting, engine running, to whisk you back to the Black Swan by 5.40.

(Tip: don't sit on the rear passenger side seat - it rains in during inclement weather)

Drive or train to Utch.

Make your way to the pleasant and ancient market place

Give the finger to the fruit and veg chap on the market stall (gump)

Locate the Black Swan pub int corner of said market place

Have a pint of Bass and ask if there's room ont minibus to Derby.

If ok, enjoy the camaradie and rogueish banter

Watch for the sudden exodus to the back of the pub. There's no fixed time to leave and its usually done by telepathy so the unwary can get left behind....

Listen to highly embellished tales of old for 30-35 minutes

exit the bus 100 yards from the statue

Leave the stadium on the final whistle, swiftly make your way to the Range Rover showroom on Derwent Way where the minibus will be waiting, engine running, to whisk you back to the Black Swan by 5.40.

(Tip: don't sit on the rear passenger side seat - it rains in during inclement weather)

you made the typical trip on the fun bus seem quite pleasant then, a tear has almost been brought to my eye. But have you warned the people about the lawn mower man?

To the people who think they have the god given right to abuse stewards and leave immediately.

Erm, no. You haven't. Pipe down and shut up.

Archived