A Level results

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im in at Lancaster University, so what Derby away games are nearby?

It doesn't bode well for you if you can't open up a map on the internet and see what is reasonably close to Lancaster. Well done on getting there but I think you are going to have to sharpen up a bit to make a go of it.

So you've got to uni but aren't able to read a map of England. Easy exams, in my day, etc etc

Definitely didn't do Geography as one of my A levels either  :ph34r:

There are quite a few actually Wigan, Burnley, Bolton, Blackpool, Blackburn then potentially Leeds and Huddersfield.

Definitely didn't do Geography as one of my A levels either :ph34r:

There are quite a few actually Wigan, Burnley, Bolton, Blackpool, Blackburn then potentially Leeds and Huddersfield.

See, you can do it when you try. Typical youth of today,

blah blah

Your nearest league ground is Morecambe if you fancy a neutral game.

Well done on getting into Uni! It's always a good idea to do some wider reading before you start your course. Or maybe just stare at a map for a week....

What did you get?

Can I just say, I do not envy any of you one bit today. I was in France this time last year and I think it was the most nervous I've ever been, and if I had cocked it all up I had to spent the rest of the week with my family in confined spaces.

And having done my first year of uni....it's absolute ******** to say A-Levels are easy.

Barnsleys easy, so are the Wendys.

That goes for distance aswell ;-)

Congratulations. The only benefit I got out of my degree was peeing the governments grant money up the wall for 3 years which peeps like you now have to subsidise yourself. Hope you have a job as a doctor or lawyer lined up or you'll be paying off your tuition  fees until you croak it.

Congratulations. The only benefit I got out of my degree was peeing the governments grant money up the wall for 3 years which peeps like you now have to subsidise yourself. Hope you have a job as a doctor or lawyer lined up or you'll be paying off your tuition  fees until you croak it.

It's a great 3 years though.

I start my last year soon, cant wait.

I hope to spend it as p*ssed as possible. 

Can I just have a little brag? - my daughter got a B in law and English and an A* in psychology. She's having a year out, working and trying to save extra beer money and has been accepted on a 4 year primary education degree at Snottingham Trent next year. She's worked so hard for it, I'm so pleased for her. Proud mum.

Can I just have a little brag? - my daughter got a B in law and English and an A* in psychology. She's having a year out, working and trying to save extra beer money and has been accepted on a 4 year primary education degree at Snottingham Trent next year. She's worked so hard for it, I'm so pleased for her. Proud mum.

Well done indeed , MissRam !!

:D

So you've got to uni but aren't able to read a map of England. Easy exams, in my day, etc etc

Made me laugh there sage.

Purely thanks to football I have a reasonable knowledge of the geography of England. When i was a kid i studied an old AA book of me dad's with maps of all the towns & cities in just to spot the football grounds (they were all named on the maps). 

When i first started to go away games in me mates dads' car i'd tell him stuff like "Burnley's ground is a mile east of the town centre".

(weren't much use if we were going Blackburn though :blink: )

I was like an early version of the sat nav!

When I was six I could name all 92 league grounds. Those were the days of the same 92 year in year out

I could mark where every club are now on a map. I find it weird when people don't know where placds are..

I'm usually either bang on, or six countries out....

When I was six I could name all 92 league grounds. Those were the days of the same 92 year in year out

I could mark where every club are now on a map. I find it weird when people don't know where placds are..

Hah some of us on here are so old we've been to most of them....... :lol: ...... :blink:

Can I just say, I do not envy any of you one bit today. I was in France this time last year and I think it was the most nervous I've ever been, and if I had cocked it all up I had to spent the rest of the week with my family in confined spaces.

And having done my first year of uni....it's absolute ******** to say A-Levels are easy.

That's what all first year uni students say. Then they get to the second year.

Archived