Will Hughes January transfer window 2013 rumours

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noticed a few minutes ago that Will now features on SSN's transfer captions,with Nigel apparently confirming that Fulham are expressing interest.

Nigel just been on SSN saying no firm interest (ie bids)-any deal would have to be "spectacular and feature a loan back" as he believes here is the best place to continue his education.

Are we trying to sell him? Just say not for sale! Season ticket renewals out Monday! Wouldn't fancy trying to sell them after Hughes leaves

No such thing as 'not for sale'. You are correct that it would be a huge disappointment to Derby fans if he went now, and I'm sure that it would have a detrimental effect on season ticket sales. Think about this though - selling Will Hughes would bring in an amount well in excess of ALL the season tickets, even at a 'fairly' conservative valuation.

Season ticket renewals?

Is it bullshit time already? My how the time flies.

It's a novel approach this year.

Less of the "See who we've bought"

More of the "See who we haven't sold"

Hopefully.

Just wondering what would everyone's reaction be if derby turned down an offer of the 7 million+ quoted for will Hughes?

A. Be happy cause he still a derby player and hopefully will keep improving so value might go up

B. a bit disappointed because it 7 million and we might not get offered that again if he for some reason doesn't develop into the player we all think he will be.

Me personally I will go with B, 7 million is a lot of money for a 17 year old who has only played a handful of championship games, but then again with this board the fans won't see much of the money spent on replacements.

Archived