Rush live on BBC Radio Derby after 6...

Srg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'sold our best defender'

'WAS HE OUR BEST DEFENDER!?!?!'

Yes Sam, from derby county fans everywhere - he was without question, our best defender.. :lol:

He was our best attacking full back. Did he defend fantastically? I'd say no. He was often caught upfield and didn't get back. Away from home he was ineffective because he was asked to sit back more and he's not that type of full back

Not slating him just making an observation and I am gutted he's gone

He was our best attacking full back. Did he defend fantastically? I'd say no. He was often caught upfield and didn't get back. Away from home he was ineffective because he was asked to sit back more and he's not that type of full back

Not slating him just making an observation and I am gutted he's gone

I agree. He was a good player, no doubt, but he was more effective as an attacking full back than one you would bet your life on to defend. Wingers often got their crosses in when he played. We will miss him but I am hopeful Smith will be as good.

I agree. He was a good player, no doubt, but he was more effective as an attacking full back than one you would bet your life on to defend. Wingers often got their crosses in when he played. We will miss him but I am hopeful Smith will be as good.

I have to disagree Brayford was a quality defender, double the defender Roberts was on the other side of the pitch. His attacking play was his forte I agree but he was also very good at the back. After all he played CB quite a few times as well, surely you have to be very sound defensively to go from RB to CB?

I have to disagree Brayford was a quality defender, double the defender Roberts was on the other side of the pitch. His attacking play was his forte I agree but he was also very good at the back. After all he played CB quite a few times as well, surely you have to be very sound defensively to go from RB to CB?

No - you just have to be in Nigel's squad where he assumes this is a simple transition. Hence you get a big lump like Gjokaj playing at right back when he's clearly a central defender.

Just saying we may not have sold as many tickets as everyone was hoping for so we've put that deal of the week thing for yet another week for this game  :lol:  Mind you it's on Sky too so that's always gonna affect attendance.

Agree that he was great going forward but not so good at getting back. Was often caught out of position.  Barker used to cover for him. Playing Centre Back disciplined him into a defensive role .which he was actually good at .......................

Yes we will miss him

Just saying we may not have sold as many tickets as everyone was hoping for so we've put that deal of the week thing for yet another week for this game :lol: Mind you it's on Sky too so that's always gonna affect attendance.

Well I never the first deal of the week is the first game of the season. Wonder if the second will be for the second game

Anyway the season tickets on the south stand have sold out - good times behind the goal (well if we are accurate just off to one side of the goal)

Archived