England cricket tour of New Zealand 2013

Curtains

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shambles.

Perhaps the last 5 or 6 years was all a dream.

Somehow it's comforting, like the company of an old friend. Things are normal again.

Looks like I picked a bad day to start watching Test cricket! Off later to Wellington for next Thursday's match. Looks like we'll start that One Down [under?]. Ah well, there's always the wine. Hope everyone looks after our football team for me while I'm away.

Everyone Out :)

Looks like I picked a bad day to start watching Test cricket! Off later to Wellington for next Thursday's match. Looks like we'll start that One Down [under?]. Ah well, there's always the wine. Hope everyone looks after our football team for me while I'm away.

Everyone Out :)

Watch and wait Bob.......we are damn feckin good at this.....  :blink:  B)

I don't think England have won a first test away (Bangladesh aside) since 2004, We always like to give them a head start and then get our acts together for the 2nd...

Some of the shots to get out were dire though...

Long season ahead, better to start badly than finish badly this year!!

This wicket is a joke. Why do they play at this venue?

Historically it's been a bowlers paradise.

250 would be a good score which in test cricket terms suggests the wicket is substandard. 

460-9 dec followed by 234-1. I think it was our arrogance and lack of preparation which was to blame, not this lifeless pitch.

Agreed but the pitch and conditions have still been increasingly batsman friendly since the first day, our lot failed to stick it out. Would have been interesting to see the state of the game if NZ had batted first.....

I gave up watching it around 2am, just pointless as zilch in the pitch for the bowlers and Cook and Compton were playing it safe and slowly as you'd expect.

I think an awful lot of England's first innings 'performance' can be put down to having been put in then having to sit in the dressing room for an entire day.

I think an awful lot of England's first innings 'performance' can be put down to having been put in then having to sit in the dressing room for an entire day.

Probably why they got piles in second innings.

Archived