Adam Smith trial update

martin1980

Morning all be gentle i'm new to this thing I have felt compelled to post on here due to the amount of abuse that Adam has had on a thread on this forum I hope you all hang your heads in shame because yesterday ALL charges were quashed due to lack of evidence. I have come on here to inform everyone of this matter because surprise surprise the media aren't interested and don't feel its in the public interest to make this fact known. Adam and his family have gone through the mill to fight for a not guilty verdict and people not just on this forum but probably many others have grabbed hold of the big media stick and ran with it. There's a lot of information that the media chose not to make public of which i'm not going to comment on all i'm prepared to say is that the very little evidence produced was not even worthy of it even being in court. I've also made my feelings known to Derby County and other parts of the media of mine and many others displeasure at the poor treatment Adam has received over the past months and I hope these incidents don't happen again and people don't have to suffer the way he has.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok can somebody give me the low down as to:

Who Adam Smith is?

How does it relate to Derby County?

What has he been cleared of not guilty of doing?

Also welcome to the forum, what I would say is that anything bad said on this forum you should probably take with a pinch of salt as its probably meant in a joking manner.

Ok can somebody give me the low down as to:

Who Adam Smith is?

How does it relate to Derby County?

What has he been cleared of not guilty of doing?

Also welcome to the forum, what I would say is that anything bad said on this forum you should probably take with a pinch of salt as its probably meant in a joking manner.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/UPDATED-Derby-County-fan-Adam-Smith-guilty-racial/story-18157344-detail/story.html#axzz2Wpw8tTpB

Morning all be gentle i'm new to this thing I have felt compelled to post on here due to the amount of abuse that Adam has had on a thread on this forum I hope you all hang your heads in shame because yesterday ALL charges were quashed due to lack of evidence. I have come on here to inform everyone of this matter because surprise surprise the media aren't interested and don't feel its in the public interest to make this fact known. Adam and his family have gone through the mill to fight for a not guilty verdict and people not just on this forum but probably many others have grabbed hold of the big media stick and ran with it. There's a lot of information that the media chose not to make public of which i'm not going to comment on all i'm prepared to say is that the very little evidence produced was not even worthy of it even being in court. I've also made my feelings known to Derby County and other parts of the media of mine and many others displeasure at the poor treatment Adam has received over the past months and I hope these incidents don't happen again and people don't have to suffer the way he has.

Welcome to the forum Adam  :rolleyes:

There's a lot of information that the media chose not to make public of which i'm not going to comment on all

Why not? A serious question. If there is another side to the story and it's all over then what's stopping you?

I'm interested in how the media in general handle this sort of thing. They ran a story in the DET about him being convicted, so why is it "not in the public interest" to run a story about him being cleared upon appeal?

No he appealed straight away but because of witnesses work commitments its taken a bit of time to get to court. The reason you haven't heard anything is because there wasn't any press at the hearing yesterday which I personally think is disgraceful after the way the press have used him as a scapegoat during the 1st trial.

No he appealed straight away but because of witnesses work commitments its taken a bit of time to get to court. The reason you haven't heard anything is because there wasn't any press at the hearing yesterday which I personally think is disgraceful after the way the press have used him as a scapegoat during the 1st trial.

Happens a lot. This is the problem with the press being in the business of selling newspapers. The "offence" is far more newsworthy than the acquittal. Most people agree that when someone's name is dragged through the mud wrongly the error should be equally published. It never is though I'm afraid.  

I'm sure the abuse on this forum wasn't personal abuse... we tend to save that for Bris...

I don't think I've made any comments about this situation at all, but I will defend anyone on this forum who did... I'm afraid we're not going to blindly assume that someone isn't a rascist just cos he's a Derby Fan... All the information we had pointed to him being a rascist... and to be fair you haven't mentioned any eveidence to say he's not yet... So we have to make up our own minds about it... 

I'm not saying he is, and I'm not saying he isn't... Just saying please don't come here and lecture people who have made their opinions on the facts which are available...

Welcome Martin, thanks for posting that. Pet hate of mine, splashed all over the front pages, then a four line apology on page 19, if your lucky.

Innocent until proven guilty and guilty when proven innocent sometimes, can never change some people's views even if a judge has spoken.

Martin by the way I'm not saying your mate is another John Terry case, I'm glad it's all over and he can now move on.

If he's innocent it's great that he's been acquitted, but a bit silly to say people should hang their heads in shame.

Should we reserve judgement on any sentence handed down to anyone incase it's quashed? In that case I'll give it another couple of years incase Gary Glitter's case is reopened.

:rolleyes:

In Finland you can't believe anything that press says. Sometimes they really don't know what has happened but do the piece anyway and sometimes they just lie. Very seldom they are forced to print some correction, usually that four lines on page 19.

Archived