Adam Smith trial update

martin1980

What about the police investigating, perverting the course of justice?

Think its part off their job interview. to confirm that they will never let the facts get in the way of a potential conviction...they've got targets to meet you know.....with this in mind I would suspect promotion will probably be the result for the investigating piglets involved....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell no! The world would be a better place if there was unreserved seating. Sit where you want!

Disagree. It would be like being on holiday with Germans, except it would be prawn sandwich lunch boxes on seats an hour before kick off.

Disagree. It would be like being on holiday with Germans, except it would be prawn sandwich lunch boxes on seats an hour before kick off.

Fost come, fost served.....if you want to sit in a particular seat then get there early.....sneak a bit of alcohol in if thats what you want, might just help the atmosphere!

Think its part off their job interview. to confirm that they will never let the facts get in the way of a potential conviction...they've got targets to meet you know.....with this in mind I would suspect promotion will probably be the result for the investigating piglets involved....

Yeah, I can't believe the Police investigated a crime that was reported by 'numerous witnesses' then had the cheek to pass it on to the CPS, who believed there was enough evidence to support a prosecution, so he was charged and given a day in court...

Interesting to read some people's attitudes to the Police, it's almost as if they have a history of being wrongly banged up by the old bill and dun hard porridge for a caper that wasn't their blag. Grow up, i imagine these same people have never even had a parking ticket and think it's outrageous that there aren't enough bobbies on the beat to deal with all these scateboarding hoodies.

Police officers are just the same as the rest of us, they go to work and do their job and "yes, mistakes do happen" but that is what they are. I know quite a few police officers and all that any of them want to do is get the bad guy - it's why they do the job.

I find it quite worrying how many guilty people walk free because sufficient evidence isn't available. Not saying that is what happened in this case, i wouldn't know so don't start bouncing down on me with more idiot comments. Just saying it as i see it

Interesting to read some people's attitudes to the Police, it's almost as if they have a history of being wrongly banged up by the old bill and dun hard porridge for a caper that wasn't their blag. Grow up, i imagine these same people have never even had a parking ticket and think it's outrageous that there aren't enough bobbies on the beat to deal with all these scateboarding hoodies.

Police officers are just the same as the rest of us, they go to work and do their job and "yes, mistakes do happen" but that is what they are. I know quite a few police officers and all that any of them want to do is get the bad guy - it's why they do the job.

I find it quite worrying how many guilty people walk free because sufficient evidence isn't available. Not saying that is what happened in this case, i wouldn't know so don't start bouncing down on me with more idiot comments. Just saying it as i see it

I got arrested for no reason once. I had had a few pints but hadn't done anything too get arrested.

Would the police listen to me would they ****!! They just stuck me in a cell at the nick and left me there all night.

The next day I asked for a solicitor which I got. When he arrived he said I shouldn't even be locked up cause they had no evidence. I eventually got bailed cause the dirty pig knobs still couldn't admit they had made a mistake. Then after about four return trip to the pig station all charges were dropped.

It turned out my missuses ex held a bit of a grudge the jealous little cnut. He saw me in a pub one night and made out I'd assaulted someone. He made the call anonymously  but because it never happened and CCTV evidence backed me up the charges were dropped. So I can sympathise with people who get wrongly accused.

I'll just add her ex left town pretty sharpish after that.

I got arrested for no reason once. I had had a few pints but hadn't done anything too get arrested.

Would the police listen to me would they ****!! They just stuck me in a cell at the nick and left me there all night.

The next day I asked for a solicitor which I got. When he arrived he said I shouldn't even be locked up cause they had no evidence. I eventually got bailed cause the dirty pig knobs still couldn't admit they had made a mistake. Then after about four return trip to the pig station all charges were dropped.

It turned out my missuses ex held a bit of a grudge the jealous little cnut. He saw me in a pub one night and made out I'd assaulted someone. He made the call anonymously  but because it never happened and CCTV evidence backed me up the charges were dropped. So I can sympathise with people who get wrongly accused.

I'll just add her ex left town pretty sharpish after that.

So basically you're saying that you were taken into custody as the result of someone informing the police that you had assaulted someone and that when this was discovered to be false you were released? That it wasn't until the cold light of day when all the evidence was assessed and proved false that you were released without charge, regardless of how much you told the police that you were innocent - because they never hear that right?

Let us now consider this from the other angle. The police get a report that somebody has been assaulted by you in a pub. They go to the pub and you are there, mmmm what should we do they ask theselves, well i know what i would want them to do - to err on the side of safety and take you into custody while they sort out the facts rather than leave a potentially violent person who has reportedly already assaulted someone in an environment selling alcohol. Call me picky but i think that is what i would want them to do.

Seems to me that it is your ex that you should be venting spleen about

You're point is what exactly?

My point is the filthy pigs wrongly locked me up for the night and are so pig headed that they can not admit they have made a mistake. Why would the solicitor say i shouldn't even be there. Also the filthy pigs interview you trying to get you to incriminate yourself. Say nowt!!!

Exactly mate. I've always found it worrying that people don't know how the police and the justice system work seen as it's pretty important (no offence to Gritstone or others) if you excuse the pun...

It's like what's happened with Adam Smith, it's almost as if people think the courts are only there to find people guilty, which obviously isn't the case because his appeal was successful...

Exactly mate. I've always found it worrying that people don't know how the police and the justice system work seen as it's pretty important (no offence to Gritstone or others) if you excuse the pun...

It's like what's happened with Adam Smith, it's almost as if people think the courts are only there to find people guilty, which obviously isn't the case because his appeal was successful...

I'm always happy to read other opinions Private. What is worrying is a magistrate has said guilty then it sounds like he has had to go to great expense to clear himself. I doubt he'll get any legal costs back unless he got legal aid. I am trying to make a point that you only need some knob to make an accusation and once in the legal system it can cost a lot of money and mud sticks.

As i said my comments were't aimed at Adam and i would hope that seeing as he has now been cleared he should be able to claim against the police and cps. I would also hope that as it seems the testimony of others appears to have been false as i can only see that as being the issue that got adam wrongly convicted that they would be up for perjury. Hey, i don't know what's gone on in this case but it is clear that mistakes happen but the system is there to limit that happening and if you have people making stuff up against another then i can see how difficult it is to get a true picture of events.

As for your solicitor saying you shouldn't have been locked up Gritstone well he would wouldn't he, seeing as he is your defender and has to believe in what you say, otherwise he cannot represent you. He also only has to work one side of the case, yours. The police have to work all aspects of the events and be clear as to what happened. Let's face it i too would be absolutely incensed if this had happened to me, i'm not saying you shouldn't be at all - my original point was about the fact that mistakes happen and that they aren't made intentionally and that it is irrelevant to slag off the police as being evil fascists.

By the way did your missus' ex every get done by the police for making false accusations or did he stay anonymous? Only interested because i'm nosey

Sorry mate but I saw the police in action during operation solstice, when they beat men women & children without reason. I have also given witness statements before & not trusting our dear old boys since seeing what they are capable off, have always read my statement before signing them....the amount of twisting of words is quite ridiculous....& when I pointed this out, was told on occasion a) not to be a nuisance...& on occasion that it sounded better...I signed neither statement until my words were what I actually said

Not saying all police are corrupt (yes it was a little tongue in cheek my earlier post) but there are many, many rotten apples amongst their ranks...

I'm always happy to read other opinions Private. What is worrying is a magistrate has said guilty then it sounds like he has had to go to great expense to clear himself. I doubt he'll get any legal costs back unless he got legal aid. I am trying to make a point that you only need some knob to make an accusation and once in the legal system it can cost a lot of money and mud sticks.

Very true mate, it's just I see it like this... The police are just cleaner uppers, they listen to what people say and make a quick decision, if they haven't seen it or heard it then they have no other choice than to bring people in. If they hand the file over to the CPS and they reckon they can run with it then it's job done.

It's just a shame for Adam that he had **** mates.

Sorry mate but I saw the police in action during operation solstice, when they beat men women & children without reason. I have also given witness statements before & not trusting our dear old boys since seeing what they are capable off, have always read my statement before signing them....the amount of twisting of words is quite ridiculous....& when I pointed this out, was told on occasion a) not to be a nuisance...& on occasion that it sounded better...I signed neither statement until my words were what I actually said

Not saying all police are corrupt (yes it was a little tongue in cheek my earlier post) but there are many, many rotten apples amongst their ranks...

Sorry i don't know what operation solstice is / was but you've made it sound like the Sharpesville Massacre - really beating up children? Tell us more.

There are rotten apples in every barrel of human kind i'm sure but from my experience i can't say "many" amongst their ranks

Archived