How do you think the new Championship sides will do?

Scott129

I made a £10 bet with a Bournemouth-supporting friend of mine not too long ago that we'll finish above them next season. Do we reckon that was a wise investment? :lol: I won money on a similar bet last season involving Sheffield Wednesday.

And, looking at the bigger picture, how do you think the other teams that are coming into this division will fare?

I personally think Wigan will go back up and QPR and Reading will be there or thereabouts. As for the promoted teams, I think Bournemouth will be the only ones that avoid relegation, probably ending up around 18th/19th.

Biggest bust potential is obviously QPR and I wouldn't be totally shocked to see them plummet in this division.

Thoughts?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wigan will stay in the championship but no where near promotion, reading will finish just off play offs and QPR...god knows whats happening there!

Bournemouth will stay up, as will Doncaster but Yeovil to go down!

Think QPR will be pretty bad. Players won't be happy down here... lots of outgoings still to happen. If it doesn't start well then Redknapp will be managing the first southern job available in the Prem before Christmas.

QPR and Reading are far better than any of the sides in the NPC.. Far better than Blackburn, Bolton and Wolves who were all on the slide when they went down..

Reading especially have a fresh squad who know the NPC inside out.. They'll be up there for sure and will probably finish as champions.. Despite going down, they never looked like a bad side who had any major problems.. They just weren't good enough as a collective and that won't be a problem at NPC level.

QPR if they get off to a good start will have such a good squad over the xmas time to mix and match and stay up there with the top lot..

The only team I worry for is Wigan.. Uncertainty over half their squad, whose going to be their new manager?

Bolton look to have a good manager and I think they'll have a good season.

Surely Leicester will go up one year won't they? Won't they?

Have they chucked any money about yet or are the owners getting bored of paying out big bucks to sit in the luxury directors box at Barnsley?

I think the 3 coming up will be in for a shock, all 3 have decent players but yeovil and doncaster have little room for improvement. Bournemouth have slammed their ambitions for spending shut, so we will have to see how that one pans out.

Wigan, Reading and QPR is pure guess work - Wigan players will be quizzical about their futures, and their aims but with the parachute payments will obviously be okay as will Reading who have already signed Bridge (good signing) and will probably look to add a couple more, think their chances are the best and QPR will obviously be rotten to the absolute core - Harry will be gone sooner or later (will be surprised if he makes the first game in all honesty) and it just looks like a mess! 

I think the 3 coming up at the very best will ponder around mid-table and the 3 coming down will at very worst ponder mid-table. 

There is a lot of work for the 3 clubs coming down, and promotion is as open as ever. 

Archived