The Spelling & Grammar Thread

Biffy

If we're just going by fact, then anything a native speaker says or writes is correct so long as it is understood by other native speakers.

By that logic then, when my lad texts his chavvy mates in an intelligible mash up of our beautiful language, his grammar is perfect.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are both correct Bris.

Also, just because you teach doesn't mean you are either bright or correct.

Those who can, do.

Those who can't, teach.

Those whose heads are permanently wedged between their own buttocks support Barcelona troll.

type in color in the oxford dictionary website. And why does a red squiggly line appear under the word when I type it if it's English?

Same reason that spell checks sometimes say that colour, analogue, oesophagus and civilisation are wrong.

I'm incredibly bright..

And I also teach English

Color is correct.. Deal with it.

I'm sure you are

I'm sure you do

No it isn't

I'm sure you are

I'm sure you do

No it isn't

Yes it is..

Color is a word in the English language..

TOEFL which is the most widely accepted qualification that a foreign student can recieve as the English language accepts the word color..

It's correct. Deal with it.

Yes it is..

Color is a word in the English language..

TOEFL which is the most widely accepted qualification that a foreign student can recieve as the English language accepts the word color..

It's correct. Deal with it.

'i' before 'e' , except after 'c'..

;)

What's the answer then you tits!?

German or French?

Every rich fooker wanted and pretended to speak French in England at one time. English was for peasants. Peasants who were ironically winning major battles with their bows against.... France.

What's the answer then you tits!?

German or French?

Every rich fooker wanted and pretended to speak French in England at one time. English was for peasants. Peasants who were ironically winning major battles with their bows against.... France.

There isnt one, legally speaking theres no official language. I belive there isnt one in America either, the official language of the UK is English but its not official English in England.

English is obviously a foreign language to someone who naturally speaks French, German, Italian, Spanish, Czech etc.

Yes.....and it seems that the criteria for english as a second language are relaxed to accept american variant spellings.

It would hardly make sense to enforce proper english spelling on someone who perhaps wants to go to the States and for whom this is not even their first language.

None of which changes the fact that in proper english, colour is spelt as indicated....o...u...r.

And perhaps you should think about teaching them proper english not some duff second rate version?

There isnt one, legally speaking theres no official language. I belive there isnt one in America either, the official language of the UK is English but its not official English in England.

Oh, that pi55ed on my fireworks. I thought I'd offered a smart correct answer.

Archived