Who feels excited?

Hans

I don't think the worst, for every argument there is a counter argument. 122 pages on a thread about a guy whose ability we don't even know yet says it all.  

The thing is, you think that you know his ability. You keep saying stuff like "If he's any good someone else will be in for him, therefore if he comes to us he can't be much cop".

Now that in my eyes almost makes you Notts's version of a certain Barcelona-fixated Mexican poster.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not in that way.

Once Russell signs I will be very happy, there seems to be a kind of new euphoria surrounding this season because I believe Rush and Clough are showing their intentions and I think we will be up there next season, for me its knowing we have two great goal scorers in Russell and Ward, and we have Hughes, Brayford, Bryson, Grant, all high quality championship players. Roll on August!

We had 3 players to re-sign, 6 new pl\yers to sign, and 7 players to move out.

So far, weve signed two and re-signed two. No-one moved out. Still much to do this summer, but so far so good.

The thing is, you think that you know his ability. You keep saying stuff like "If he's any good someone else will be in for him, therefore if he comes to us he can't be much cop".

Now that in my eyes almost makes you Notts's version of a certain Barcelona-fixated Mexican poster.

Hey, someone has to keep the happy clappers in check periodically you know :)

I'm excited..

To find out when we play Forest.. Because that's the only time of the year when it's exciting to be a rams fan.

You're not by yourself in that view Bris, PP is always a sell out for that one.

You're not by yourself in that view Bris, PP is always a sell out for that one.

Actually I'm being harsh the Leeds Utd games are good too..

Has there been an official date for the fixture release?

I'm always up for a Guess The First Opponent thread.. We usually always get a relegated team or a promoted one first.

I can't wait for the Pre-season now..

I say it every year but we look a lot stronger than last year and if the signings we have almost completed come true I see this as a brilliant year to be a derby fan. 

A decent commanding keeper, A decent left back with height, all we need is a decent CB.

Midfield of Hughes, Bryson, Ward, Coutts/ new right midfielder and Hendrick excites me as there is some bite and strength from Hendrick, the passing ability of Hughes the Work rate of Bryson and the chasing down he brings, The skill and menice of ward as well as his pace when needed down the flank, If Coutts is in the team then his overlapping work with Brayford on that right will give another demension to the team.

The attack with Russell and his decent first touch, heading ability and his shooting ability and Sammon with his high work rate and bee like buzzing around the back line will leave gaps in that back line.

It also seems we now have a plan B when plan A fails in that we can bring Martin on to replace Sammon or Russell to try and open up the defence when running at them.

I think next year is our year at this rate.

If you looked at our team now then where would you try and shut us down??

try and break up the passing game and we will play the channels with Russell, if they try and be physical we will match them with Sammon and clashing in there back line. We seem to have some pace to stretch the other team if we want too. It looks good Derby fans..... :D

I'm glad there's actually some expectation from the majority of fans.

Now there wont be any excuses for when we flop

Do you honestly not feel that the side is looking better already? I don't think there is many teams in this league that could cope with Derby's attacking qualities do you?

we can now attack from the wings, through the centre, down the channels, we can also score from set pieces.

the only thing we need to do is tighten up the back 4. Grant commanding the area, added height of Forsyth, Brayford going forward and his tracking, Keogh with his awesome tackling ability and a new centre back who can head makes a good defence for me. 

Why always so negative.

Do you honestly not feel that the side is looking better already? I don't think there is many teams in this league that could cope with Derby's attacking qualities do you?

we can now attack from the wings, through the centre, down the channels, we can also score from set pieces.

the only thing we need to do is tighten up the back 4. Grant commanding the area, added height of Forsyth, Brayford going forward and his tracking, Keogh with his awesome tackling ability and a new centre back who can head makes a good defence for me. 

Why always so negative.

I do feel the squad is looking better, but some people are getting massively over excited about it, which I dont mind to be honest.

Your second statement is just pure over exagerrated **** to be honest. We've signed one extra attacking player in Russell which will apparently transform us into 'not many sides in this league being able to cope with our attacking quality', no chance. Nobody on here even really knows how good he is, lets wait and see before we start putting all this expectation on him.  

I'd like to see Martin far more fitter than what he was last season cos although he showed ability, he was frustrating to watch at times. If Sammon is a regular he'll be a massive hinderance but if we play Russell and Martin then the potentials there. Ward down one wing, would like to see another wide man bought in, Hughes and Hendrick in the centre, then ye the side isnt looking bad. 

I've also got no confidence in Clough getting results away from home which is another worry. 

Much more excited following completing the Russell signing. Unusual for us to be chasing players other teams and fans want - and for actual money - is an oddity... but one I could get used to.

Not going overboard, but the team is taking shape. I also like the pure additions rather than the additions via subtraction which we are used to. Hold my breath on Brayford however, as if he goes and we don't replace properly then it'll be more of the old story than the seemingly new.

I do feel the squad is looking better, but some people are getting massively over excited about it, which I dont mind to be honest.

Your second statement is just pure over exagerrated **** to be honest. We've signed one extra attacking player in Russell which will apparently transform us into 'not many sides in this league being able to cope with our attacking quality', no chance. Nobody on here even really knows how good he is, lets wait and see before we start putting all this expectation on him.  

I'd like to see Martin far more fitter than what he was last season cos although he showed ability, he was frustrating to watch at times. If Sammon is a regular he'll be a massive hinderance but if we play Russell and Martin then the potentials there. Ward down one wing, would like to see another wide man bought in, Hughes and Hendrick in the centre, then ye the side isnt looking bad. 

I've also got no confidence in Clough getting results away from home which is another worry. 

Ok so your saying we have nothing on the right at the moment?

How comes last season we looked the most threatening down the right wing with Coutts and Baryford linking up?

It isn't just Russell though is it? It will be a fit Martin and Sammon aswell to rotate and your forgetting Mason who is great to run at the defence and quick.

What about having Hughes back fit and stronger from last year?

Ok so your saying we have nothing on the right at the moment?

How comes last season we looked the most threatening down the right wing with Coutts and Baryford linking up?

It isn't just Russell though is it? It will be a fit Martin and Sammon aswell to rotate and your forgetting Mason who is great to run at the defence and quick.

What about having Hughes back fit and stronger from last year?

Not saying 'we have nothing on the right', just feel it needs to be improved. Coutts and Brayford linked up for about half the season, barely saw Coutts do anything for the other half. Dont think he's a bad player, but if we're talking about top 6, he's nowhere near that standard. 

Archived