Who feels excited?

Hans

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not saying 'we have nothing on the right', just feel it needs to be improved. Coutts and Brayford linked up for about half the season, barely saw Coutts do anything for the other half. Dont think he's a bad player, but if we're talking about top 6, he's nowhere near that standard. 

They didn't link up as Brayford was injured.

If there both fit that is where most of our good attacking football is played.

if them 2 are playing together and fit on the right wing and Ward is fit on the left then I think we will be very good attackingly.

I don't think we need to spend money on the right to be fair, I think a young lad coming through the ranks would be a good cover.

You also have to have some cover IF injuries occur but that can be done inside the first team picture. Brayford could push up and slot in to the right midfield with Freeman covering right back or if Brayford is injured Freeman can cover right back.

I would just save the money for a decent centre back.

I honestly think a lot of people are missing what Coutts has brought this season. He's brought a calmness with the ball at his feet.

Yes he had a dip towards the end of the season but it's cos he played too much.

The lad is a really good footballer, he holds onto it brilliantly, he let's go of it usually at the right time as well. HIs low crosses that I've seen him get slated for, if that's the way we play, then that's exaclty the way he should cross. We've seen he can beat a man and we've seen he can beat four and square it.

What we haven't seen enough of are goals.He's somehow got to grow his confidence to shoot early every now and then.

Him and Brayford, when they're on song together, can destroy a side.

That's why I'm exicted as well about the Russell and Martin signings. We've now got real options upfront and in midfield, now we don't have to knacker Coutts out by December. We can rest Wardy and not lose any quality. We could have Sammon coming off the bench. If we really feel confident of going for it. We could have Russell out right, Ward out left, Sammon and Martin upfront together. 4-2-4 for those games when we're out of sight by half time. Let's really smash someone next year. 6 or 7 nil.

Ward, Russell, Sammon, Martin (bennet, jacobs, hughes) to play upfront either as a two or even a three with one in the hole.

Ward, Russell, Coutts, Hendrick, Hughes, Bryson, Davies, Jacobs - how interchangeable is that for a  midfield 3, 4 or 5?

When you add those two little bits of quality to what we already had in our locker going forward last season it really does look to be taking shape. It can't be forgotten that we were one of the divisions higher scorers last year, or that we played teams off the park on occasions without getting a goal or two to show for it.

One or two defensive additions and the back four will have the same kind of options.

I'm not saying we're going to walk the league by Christmas but I am saying we're going to give it a bloody good go next year.

League Cup Draw on Monday.  It's getting nearer already.

Archived