Harry Redknapp "let me sign Wayne Bridge or I leave QPR"

CumbrianRam

Harry Redknapp has warned that he must be allowed to change the QPR squad or he could walk away from the club.

The Rangers manager wants to build a team capable of making an instant return to the Premier League, and he is looking to make former England left-back Wayne Bridge his first post-relegation signing.

Redknapp is keen to speak to club owner Tony Fernandes over bringing in Bridge, whose Manchester City contract is about to expire, but is adamant that he must have the final say over rejigging QPR's playing roster.

"If we don't change it, and I don't get the players that I want to bring in, then we have not got a chance," Redknapp declared.

"You can't have other people have a say at all, I'm a football person and I've got a staff around me of football people.

"We've got to make the decisions, and if we make the right ones we will have a chance. Otherwise, if other people want to make decisions we've got no chance.

"If I don't get that then I wouldn't stick around. I'll speak to Tony Fernandes, they've got to back me with the people I want. I'm not asking him to spend money, I'm looking at a couple of free transfers.

"I'm trying to get Wayne Bridge, I thought he did fantastically well with Brighton, he'd be a good left-back for us. He's got great experience, looks in great shape and is a player I want to bring in on a free.

"I'm hoping that's the first deal I can do. Tony is away, but I'll speak to him today and see if we can get the deal done."

:lol:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/8758477/Harry-Redknapp-demanding-final-say-in-reshaping-QPR-squad

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky Sports understands Reading are poised to sign former Manchester City defender Wayne Bridge on a free transfer.

Bridge, who spent last season on loan at Brighton, is available on a free transfer after seeing out his contract at the Etihad Stadium.

A number of clubs, including Queens Park Rangers, expressed an interest in signing the former England international, but it appears Reading have won the race for his signature.

Royals boss Nigel Adkins is keen to bolster his full-back options having allowed Ian Harte and Nicky Shorey to leave the Madejski Stadium.

Bridge is thought to have agreed a one-year deal at Reading to become the club's first signing of the summer as they look to make an immediate return to the Premier League.

Lol

All he's ever done is bankrupt clubs. The most over rated manager of recent times.

Fook off Harry, go and retire to a tax haven and sit in the sun counting your cash. You've done nowt for English football and no one will miss you apart from your accountant and Rosie's financial advisor.

All he's done is talk up the Championship. How strong it is.

"... don't get the players I want then we've not got a chance"

You've had players you wanted. You chose to throw fortunes at Christopher Samba. If those fortunes didnt keep you up then you spent them wrong. If they didnt help prepare you for life after you inevitable relegation then you spent them wrong. Point is, you've spent money.

Don't have a chance? How many teams in this division will have a similar wage budget? How strong is this division really Harry? How do QPR players compare to those of Charlton who came from League 1 and didn't seem to find it so hard?

You've got an advantage. Stop making excuses already.

Houdini.... he certainly giving the illusion that QPR have been relegated to a tougher league and don't have a squad capable of bouncing back like Newcastle or WHU or WBA.

All he's done is talk up the Championship. How strong it is.

"... don't get the players I want then we've not got a chance"

You've had players you wanted. You chose to throw fortunes at Christopher Samba. If those fortunes didnt keep you up then you spent them wrong. If they didnt help prepare you for life after you inevitable relegation then you spent them wrong. Point is, you've spent money.

Don't have a chance? How many teams in this division will have a similar wage budget? How strong is this division really Harry? How do QPR players compare to those of Charlton who came from League 1 and didn't seem to find it so hard?

You've got an advantage. Stop making excuses already.

Houdini.... he certainly giving the illusion that QPR have been relegated to a tougher league and don't have a squad capable of bouncing back like Newcastle or WHU or WBA.

see, this relates to something else that riled me last week.

Mark Hughes was appointed Stoke manager and loads of people suggesting they'd be in trouble. I happen to rate Hughes a bit and think he'll do well there given a couple of years.

People bash Hughes cos of QPR, yet Redknapp was given permission to scattergun recruit and still failed. People slate Hughes but hardly anyone slates Harry. This is unfair IMO, QPR is a diseased club and would've gone down regardless IMO>

see, this relates to something else that riled me last week.

Mark Hughes was appointed Stoke manager and loads of people suggesting they'd be in trouble. I happen to rate Hughes a bit and think he'll do well there given a couple of years.

People bash Hughes cos of QPR, yet Redknapp was given permission to scattergun recruit and still failed. People slate Hughes but hardly anyone slates Harry. This is unfair IMO, QPR is a diseased club and would've gone down regardless IMO>

Pick up a copy of The Sun mate. It explains it all.

Hughes bought overpaid ***** players and set QPR on the road to ruin

Harry Houdini used his expertise in the transfer market to sign players that Loftus Rd could only dream of. Unfortunately these players let him down and let themselves down by not performing. Plus the damage was already done. Redknapp couldn't have done anymore.

...oh, Neil Warnock never did owt with QPR. It's just vile rumours. He has never even been to London. Don't mention him.

'Arry for England *clap clap clap*

'Arry for England *clap clap clap*

Archived