England U21

CumbrianRam

England's Team to face Norway in Petah Tikva, KO 5pm - live on Sky Sports 2:

1. Jack Butland, 3. Adam Smith, 4. Steven Caulker, 6. Craig Dawson, 11. Danny Rose, 12. Nathaniel Chalobah, 10. Jason Lowe, 16. Tom Ince, 8. Jordan Henderson, 19. Nathan Redmond, 15. Wilfried Zaha

Subs:

13. Jason Steele, 23. Declan Rudd, 2. Nathaniel Clyne, 5. Andre Wisdom, 7. Tom Lees, 9. Jack Robinson, 14. Josh McEachran, 18. Jonjo Shelvey, 20. Nathan Delfouneso, 21. Marvin Sordell, 22. Connor Wickham

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are going over top top abit by saying 'Well this is the future England team'

Well it's not really.. As the young guys in the England set up now will grow with the team and the ones that are 27/28 still have another 5 years left..

And in 5 years time there will be a new England U21 which could have far better players than the one now..

I wonder over the years how many players actually competed for the U21s for a while and then the national side.. I'm pretty sure all the best 20 year olds would just already be in the England set up if they were particularly good..

Ah well, on the bright side, the yes man that is Stuart Pearce might not get his contract renewed so it's not all bad news. :)

Might not be so good for us and Hughes though, with our Nige and Pearce being pals and all.

Final ball is awful, they don't deserve to get anything playing like that in the final third.

Brainless at times, and a lack of forwards is alarming.

Well considering Zaha is worth 15 million, 20+ million is being waved around for Ince and Butland is the best thing since Jimmy Krankie.

That was friggin diabolical.

I'll admit I've never heard of this Chalobah kid too, googled him and he was on loan at Watford from Chelsea which is surprising because hes 1) English and 2) not from Udinese.

Final ball is awful, they don't deserve to get anything playing like that in the final third.

Brainless at times, and a lack of forwards is alarming.

Same could be said of any England team since Venables left. We need to espouse intelligent football in which possession is something to be proud of and stop this banal production line of stupid young boys with good engines who run around like headless chickens and whose Plan B is always the long hopeful ball. 

People keep highlighting the players that weren't there. None of those players played any of the qualification games or were apart of the 10 clean sheet run. If anything that would have disrupted the group due them being use to each other. Its down to the players that did go.

Zaha is massively overrated. On numerous occasions I have given him a chance to impress but he is hasn't. He is far too inconsistent and can only see this as another bebe for man united. He has talent but is only speed and tricks and if he dosent beat the full back he is useless. Tom ince is a lot better.

Jack butland was awful in both games. For saying he's 6ft 4 he wasn't commanding at all and kicking was just up field not to feet.

Dawson and Caulker were getting beat in the air every time by Pederson who is half their size (Not literally) and Dawson was getting done for pace down the sides too often for an average speed forward.Chalobah didn't stay in his position and was caught out numerous times especially for their second goal in which he numerously had a bad touch. Ince ran but no support so got caught in the corner. They are all still good players but they had bad games.

Henderson for me from what i have seen is a quality player and looked the only one wanting to win. When you have players like Sordell and Delfonseso(?) getting in the side you will never get anywhere.

To be honest the U20 world cup squad looks okay so might stand a better chance there.

Archived