Craig Forsyth

-JW-

Forsyth won't be with a view to a signing, as we aren't looking for a winger in the summer. 

We have been linked with 4 different wide midfielders now and been to watch about 3.Definately are looking for a Right sided player.

But Forsyth wont be signing in the summer he is literally to help cover the loss of Jamie as if Jamie didn't get injured he wouldn't of came here.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which 3 have we watched?

We have been linked with 4 different wide midfielders now and been to watch about 3.Definately are looking for a Right sided player.

But Forsyth wont be signing in the summer he is literally to help cover the loss of Jamie as if Jamie didn't get injured he wouldn't of came here.

Comments on Forsyth from two mates of mine, both Watford fans:

"I like him, but he appears to lack sufficient sophistication for Zola, despite featuring quite recently as a ‘first reserve’ at left wing-back in Pudil’s absence.

He is tall, can play left back or left-sided midfield (but is certainly no winger) and has a howitzer of a shot on him. His ungainliness can make him look a little clumsy sometimes but don’t be deceived, there is definitely a footballer in there trying to get out. He’s still young too, and confidence was an issue when his promising start to last season foundered on the team’s disappointing early form and dragged his down with it. I sincerely hope he prospers…"

"a rangy left-winger who is surprisingly good in the air (think Ronaldo!). He was a regular for us a couple of seasons back and then got injured and has struggled to get back in. He will do a good job for you without setting the world alight"

Slightly contrasting views but, hey, lets give him a chance. I like howitzers!

And there was me thinking he played 26 games for Watford last season

He played 20 league games so not even half, not what you call a regular, coutts and ward both had over 60 games at champ level before they came. Coutts was one of peterbrough best players and then became captain at Preston, ward played in a side that reached the play offs at sheff utd. Not quite the same as this lad who was loaned out to league 2 this season

He played 20 league games so not even half, not what you call a regular, coutts and ward both had over 60 games at champ level before they came. Coutts was one of peterbrough best players and then became captain at Preston, ward played in a side that reached the play offs at sheff utd. Not quite the same as this lad who was loaned out to league 2 this season

Hardly equates to 'couldn't get in their team' which was what I replied to.

I only know of one of their names its Chris Humpreys at Motherwell.Sorry if you were expecting all 3.We were present during their win against Celtic.

I'm confused as to how you know we have looked at three wingers, when you don't know who they are.

Some interesting chat about him being a wing back - might he develope into the left sided Brayford clone we need?

he did fairly well - from what I could see on the stream - but nothing too special.

Cheers.

So what you would call a steady Eddie I guess.

Just interested if he is capable of playing his way into a longer term future with the Ram's,or he really is just here for 1 months cover..

I thought he was tidy enough at left mid tonight, generally found a team mate when he was in possession and seemed to be willing to track back. He got to the byline once in the first half and chipped over a decent ball to the back post and had a shot from 25 yards-ish that went wide (couldn't tell how far wide from my angle). Second half wasn't quite so good, he sliced one cross out straight behind and had a couple that didn't beat the first man. Definitely tired in the second half, I guess due to lack of fitness, and it was the right decision to replace him with Jacobs.
He's got a good chance of playing next time out as Jacobs had a 'mare when he came on. 
I'd be interested to see how he does in a few more games

Cheers.

So what you would call a steady Eddie I guess.

Just interested if he is capable of playing his way into a longer term future with the Ram's,or he really is just here for 1 months cover..

Hopefully not a steady Eddie Lewis! I couldn't see a player that would be worth buying though he didn't let anyone down last night.  He kept his position well. In fact both wide players were defensive picks.

I'm also not sure Chris Martin is the answer upfront - he doesn't have pace, he is poor in the air and he's not a natural goalscorer. Shame about his 'goal' being ruled offside, because to give him his due he slotted it away well.

Hopefully not a steady Eddie Lewis! I couldn't see a player that would be worth buying though he didn't let anyone down last night.  He kept his position well. In fact both wide players were defensive picks.

I'm also not sure Chris Martin is the answer upfront - he doesn't have pace, he is poor in the air and he's not a natural goalscorer. Shame about his 'goal' being ruled offside, because to give him his due he slotted it away well.

If he turns out to be as steady as Gareth Roberts, he'll do for me.

Re a player to be the answer up front, if we had one who had pace, was good in the air and was a natural goalscorer, well, he wouldn't be plying his trade here because he would be the new Alan Shearer.

If he turns out to be as steady as Gareth Roberts, he'll do for me.

Re a player to be the answer up front, if we had one who had pace, was good in the air and was a natural goalscorer, well, he wouldn't be plying his trade here because he would be the new Alan Shearer.

Yeh, but one of these three attributes would be nice.

Yeh, but one of these three attributes would be nice.

Theo has pace. Tyson has pace. Sammon has, er, I see your point.

Archived