Saul Deeney

joespencer

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both aren't even league one standard.

Deeneys only decent game I've ever seen was against Man Utd in the cup, when he played for Burton.

Doyle will get the usual comments about him scoring for the development squad, but he's almost 22 playing against opposition defenders aged 16/17...

Is he any better than Calum Ball? Likewise with Deeney and Morch.

Is this really a question that any of us can answer?

Deeney 3 starts, Doyle 7 starts (mainly out of position), not really much action for us to judge them on.

When I have seen Doyle he looks nervous which is hardly surprising with the treatment he has to endure from our 'supporters'

Doyle obviously does something to impress, not just Clough either as he has played at international level.

I doubt many have seen enough of either to make judgement. The last time a lot of our 'supporters' made a negative judggement about one of our players after 7 games was Steve Howard and look what he went on to do for us!

I think Deeney is a cheap option for number two, if Grant ever got injured or sent off we would get an emergency loan in anyway.

Not sure on Doyle, don't think I have seen enough from him.

Nigel said as much about Deeney.   And anyway we haven't offloaded Frank and Legs yet !!

I haven't seen him upfront, but if he is almost 22 and can only get on the bench, doesn't say much about his potential.

How much do you trust the management and coaching staff regarding their assessment of the potential of a player, and more to the point, do you trust your own opinion over theirs?

How much do you trust the management and coaching staff regarding their assessment of the potential of a player, and more to the point, do you trust your own opinion over theirs?

of course I trust their opinion over mine, who am I to judge how good he will get. I just don't see us having a use for him. He looks good for the under 21's but is that because he is playing against 17-19 year olds?

As I said in my earlier post, he has never played in his natural position in the first team so he could be a cracking player! I hope he will be, but even you've got to admit it looks unlikely. :(

Never seen Doyle in his natural position so I can't really judge but if it was up to me I wouldn't renew. Same with deeney he's never a number 2 but he'll never get a game because we'll get an emergency loan. Not too fussed its not like they're high earners but if was up to me they'd be out of here.

Play Doyle in his correct position then we can all give an accurate assessment of him, Deeney we have not seen enough of but he was very good at Burton. It is not his fault he has suffered a lot of injuries

Archived