Saul Deeney

joespencer

Play Doyle in his correct position then we can all give an accurate assessment of him, Deeney we have not seen enough of but he was very good at Burton. It is not his fault he has suffered a lot of injuries

Hucknall Ram has seen more of Deeney than anyone.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Deeney is good/funny/professional guy in dressing room/practicing and is happy with his role, I think he is perfect back up. Like Clough said, if Grant get injured we'll loan new goalie. Saying that, I have no clue what kind of person he is but I assume he is fine with his bench warming role.

Doyle though is bit more mystery. He may have huge amount of well-hidden skills...

i just have copy and paste the following statement cos I use it so often. "Worse keeper I have ever seen at Hucknall Town".

We stop passing him stuff in the club house (drinks and chairs etc) because he would only drop the ******!

What's wrong with having Ledz as number 2 !

Nigel reckons that neither Leggy or FF want to remain at the club if they are not first choice.

Deeney appears to happy to hang around watching games from the bench and picking up his wages. Nigel seems to think that having an obvious number 1 and a cheap, limited,  content back up is a better option for both squad unity and finances.

Personally, I don't think that nay player should be guaranteed a starting place as it leads to complacency - which I'm sure that Nigel acknowledged when he tried a similar arrangement with Bywater and Deeney a few seasons back.

My own opinion on the goalkeeping position is that if neither keeper is willing to fight for his place and feel that they ought to be the automatic number one, then that's fine.

Let them be automatic number one somewhere else - which is what we hope will happen.

Your missing the point Eddie. Grant will have carte blanche on no 1 spot

Do you think we will be able to unload both Frankie and Leggy? It might be the intention, but selling a player nobody wants to buy isn't straightforward.

Perhaps we need to start leaving the windows open at Moor Farm again.

That may well be the case and of course he may have been terrible at Hucknall, but you would like to think he has learnt something working with full time coaches

Archived