Bob Malcolm free in September 2006

Mo Camara (Celtic) free in August 2006

Simo Valakari (Motherwell) free in July 2000

Craig Burley (Celtic) £3m in December 1999

Hardly the best return, is it?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mo Camara and Blob Malcolm must be 2 of the worst players I have ever seen play for the Rams.  I am sure during one game Mo realised he was left footed rather than right (or vice versa), just because he passed the ball in the right general direction with his standing foot.  He spent the rest of the game manufacturing the ball onto his 'previous' wrong foot.

Has anyone ever done a thread collecting votes on the worse Rams players ever?

Mo Camara and Blob Malcolm must be 2 of the worst players I have ever seen play for the Rams.  I am sure during one game Mo realised he was left footed rather than right (or vice versa), just because he passed the ball in the right general direction with his standing foot.  He spent the rest of the game manufacturing the ball onto his 'previous' wrong foot.

Has anyone ever done a thread collecting votes on the worse Rams players ever?

Conor Doyle, end of.

Valakari as a free was very good signing. I also do like Carroll, I think he looked so poor mostly because of our defence at the time. Bryson quite similar to Valakari, so good business. Burley was ok too, but 3 m??? Horrible business.

Rest of them...well I'll never forget Pearson's goal and Miller scored beauty against Newcastle, that's about it.

I think people forget that Bob Malcolm wasn't that bad in this division, certainly not before his injury! 

I think his performance against Wolves (away) early on in that season is one of the best I can certainly remember by any Derby player in recent years, he controlled absolutely everything in the game. 

The keepers didn't do goal kicks without his say so, that player was soon lost once in the premier league and his 'performance' away at Liverpool happened to be one of the worst I have seen by a Derby player in recent years, so swings and round abouts. 

There have been plenty of players that have showed absolutely nothing - and I mean nothing! 

Archived