Championship 13/14 odds.

Ambitious

I don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but it's something usually worth discussing! (longest odds given)

QPR - 5.5 (youwin)
Leicester - 10 (bet365)

Reading - 11 (coral)
Bolton - 11 (betvictor)
Wigan - 12 (bet365)
Forest - 14 (skybet)

Brighton - 16 (boylesport)
Leeds - 16 (betfred)
Watford - 16 (bet365)
Blackburn - 20 (bet365)
Bournemouth - 20 (bet365)
Ipswich - 20 (Paddy Power)

Birmingham - 25 (bet365)
Derby - 33 (bet365)
Middlesbrough - 33 (bet365)
Blackpool - 40 (bet365)
Charlton - 40 (bet365)
Burnley - 66 (betvictor)

Wednesday - 66 (betvictor)
Millwall - 80 (betway)
Barnsley - 100 (bet365)

Huddersfield - 100 (betvictor)
Doncaster - 150 (bet365)
Yeovil - 250 (bet365)

Interesting picks, have us finishing 14th (lower mid-table) and Bournemouth is seriously bizarre in 11th! I also cannot see Huddersfield going down - but who knows! 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are these odds to win the league or to be promoted?

I'd say that whilst our odds to win the league might be 14th best that doesnt mean were expected to finish 14th. I'd imagine were expected to finished between 4th and 12th but its very unlikely we'll finish 1st.

Where as teams like QPR could easily be 1st or 20th. Similar to Blackburn and Wolves last year.

I think Reading look a decent bet.

There's really no reason why they wont go close. Manager knows the league, must have a few quid to spend if they wanted to, basically havent lost any players from their last promotion.

Even though I didnt think they were that good when they got promoted, they've got a better squad now and must have some doe after the Prem year. 

Bournemouth have wealthy ambitious owners - I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the play-off mix next season.

Birmingham City's money issues could also see them really struggle - don't be surprised to see transfer embargoes and ten point deductions there.

I reckon that Bolton will run away it next year as well.

Forest to implode - amusingly

Bournemouth have wealthy ambitious owners - I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the play-off mix next season.

Birmingham City's money issues could also see them really struggle - don't be surprised to see transfer embargoes and ten point deductions there.

I reckon that Bolton will run away it next year as well.

Forest to implode - amusingly

Don't think Bournemouth can spend any of it though. I read an article the other day where Eddie Howe was on about having to cut back because of how much they had spent on infrastructure/new players last season (or something along those lines, he mentioned FFP anyway). Either way, he said they'd have to sell first before buying anyone.

SillyBilly

I think Reading look a decent bet.

There's really no reason why they wont go close. Manager knows the league, must have a few quid to spend if they wanted to, basically havent lost any players from their last promotion.

Even though I didnt think they were that good when they got promoted, they've got a better squad now and must have some doe after the Prem year. 

My thoughts exactly. I might put a cheeky tenner on Reading and back it up with a bet on Bolton. I fancy one of the pair.

Odds are only a reflection of how much money has been bet.

Someone foolish only has to put a few grand on their favourite team and the odds will shorten massively.

They've still been set originally by compilers.

And any serious money laid down at this moment in time would be very scarce. 

Just as an actuary uses statistical data to calculate your pension fund the bookies have done the same thing with us and looked at past season finishes, current squad incomings/outgoings etc. to predict our final league position. There won't be much money being placed on next season at the moment. Would find it hard to argue against any of the league positions except Bournemouth and Ipswich both above us?

Don't think Bournemouth can spend any of it though. I read an article the other day where Eddie Howe was on about having to cut back because of how much they had spent on infrastructure/new players last season (or something along those lines, he mentioned FFP anyway). Either way, he said they'd have to sell first before buying anyone.

Infrastructure wouldn't count against FFP (depreciation of fixed assets,other than players' regs,discounted).If they'd spent heavily on the squad however,this would have ongoing FFP implications.Forest,for instance,couldn't go spending heavily on players because of FFP.

Archived