Championship 13/14 odds.

Ambitious

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Infrastructure wouldn't count against FFP (depreciation of fixed assets,other than players' regs,discounted).If they'd spent heavily on the squad however,this would have ongoing FFP implications.Forest,for instance,couldn't go spending heavily on players because of FFP.

Here's the article - http://www.thisisdorset.net/sport/tidsport/10443852.Cherries__No_summer_spending_spree_on_cards_at_Dean_Court/

And, for some reason, I imagined the infrastructure bit. Absolutely no mention of it at all :lol:

Either way, there won't be a summer spending spree at Bournemouth.

Bournemouth have wealthy ambitious owners - I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the play-off mix next season.

Birmingham City's money issues could also see them really struggle - don't be surprised to see transfer embargoes and ten point deductions there.

I reckon that Bolton will run away it next year as well.

Forest to implode - amusingly

They've said they may have to sell rather than improve the squad..... :blink:

Anyone taking odds seriously at this time of year is a mug! Hardly any signings or signs of intent have been made around the league and the manager merry-go-round is still moving.

Come to think of it, anyone taking odds seriously at the start of the season is a mug as well.

Last year’s pre-season favourites were:

Bolton 6/1

Leicester 8/1

Wolves 9/1 (a bit wide of the mark on that one)

Blackburn 10/1 (another misfire)

Cardiff 10/1

Forest 11/1

Leeds 12/1

Brighton 16/1

Blackpool 16/1

Birmingham 18/1

Boro 22/1

We didn’t make the list of favourites (they got that one right) and Palace and Hull didn’t figure at all. I remember my Tractor Boy mate waxing lyrical 2 years back when everyone tipped them as potential champions at the start of the season (with Lee Bowyer, Chopra, Jimmy Bullard et al in their team). Roy Keane and subsequently o-Paul led them to their lowest finish in 40 years.

Don’t get too excited either way and invest your shillings wisely!

Archived