Jacques Maghoma

Day

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DERBY County are unlikely to make a move for Stoke CitymidfielderDean Whitehead or out-of-contract Burton Albion star Jacques Maghoma.Rams boss Nigel Clough has in the recent past emphasised his desire to bring in an experienced player in a central area, but with Craig Bryson having just signed a new deal, youngsters Jeff Hendrick and Will Hughes impressing this season and Paul Coutts providing another option in that position, the former Sunderland man is not currently on the club’s radar.However, a move for Watford wide-man Craig Forsyth, who impressed on loan in the second half of the 2012/13 season, could happen this week.The 24-year-old Carnoustie-born player, who featured at left-back and on the left wing for the Rams with equal distinction, was to have his situation decided upon following last night’sChampionship play-off final between the Hornets and Crystal Palace.Clough said last week: “Craig will be as important as anyone for us and we’ll hear from Watford after their play-off final.”Whitehead, a hard-working, strong player who is decent on the ball as well, would be available on a free transfer after his contract at the Britannia Stadium expired along with Michael Owen, who has now retired from football, Jermaine Pennant, Mamady Sidibe and ex-Ram Rory Delap.Maghoma, meanwhile, has not been offered a new deal by the Brewers and is expected to step up to League One or the Championship this summer, with Coventry City and Middlesbrough leading the chase.Former Pirelli Stadium chief Clough has brought a number of ex-Albion stars up the A38 to Pride Park, such as Adam Legzdins, Jake Buxton, John Brayford and Saul Deeney, but is unlikely to add Maghoma to that list.Delap, who made over 100 appearances for Derby between 1998 and 2001, has insisted he feels he has another Championship season in him.The 36-year-old, who was born in Sutton Coldfield and whose family still live in Derby, made just one appearance for Stoke this season before being shipped out on loan to Barnsley.He told the Cumberland News and Star: “I don’t know what will happen as it is out of my hands and is up to other people.“I’ve got family in Derby but there are ways and means.“Managers will see what they need and hopefully someone will take a risk on me.“I’m 37 in July but I still think I could do a job for another couple of seasons.“I was half-thinking of packing in before I went to Barnsley on loan last season, but I felt quite comfortable playing in the Championship.“That got me thinking I could play for a bit longer.”ex-Rams winger Lee Croft looks set to leave Oldham Athletic despite being named the supporters’ player of the year in his first season at Boundary Park.Croft initially joined the Latics on loan from Derby before making the move permanent in January, and featured in 53 of Oldham’s 54 matches in 2012/13.However, manager Lee Johnson says the ex-Norwich City wideman has turned down a new deal

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Sport/Burton-Albion-FC/No-Derby-move-for-Whitehead-or-Mags-20130528080052.htm

Yeah, alot of their stuff seems to be forum based guess work - the kind of stuff we speculate about all the time on here.

At least Nicholson only documents fact-based news, even if we know much of it beforehand nowadays but that's just the current internet age for you.

Archived