Gordon Guthrie minute applause on 82nd minute

therams69

Hi all

So with the legend Gordon Guthrie in the dugout for the game against Millwall it seems fitting that we honour and respect the 40+ years he has served for our club.

Gordon is 82 years old so seems fitting that come the 82nd minute we all stand and applaud and show Gordon exactly what we think of his loyalty to our club.

Hopefully we may even get a cheeky wave from the dugout.

Please help and make this occasion special by spreading the word.

Nick

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hope you haven't left this too late.

When I first started going to games, he used to get a chant.

It used to be "Arthur, giz a wave, Arthur-Arthur,giz a wave", then "McccccccccccccFarland, MccccccccccFarland", then

"there's only one Gordon Guthrie. one Gordon Guthrieeeeeeee"

awww. the good ole days!

I'm pretty sure he's been at the club since the early 60's, because wasn't his career at the club ended by injury and Cloughie requested Gordon join as a trainer? Then went on to become the physio and later kit manager.

I'm certain there was a testimonial back in the 80's for Gordon too, not 100% sure who it was against, Villa or Brum...

He is a legend, without question; Mr Derby County

Can't say enough about the bloke, an absolute legend.

Fergie gets praise for his long tenure at United, how long as Gordon been here for? under how many owners/managers? 50+ years! 

124 years to the day.

Can we clap the fans as well? I once got a redundancy the day before I was due to "celebrate" 10 years service with a company - that is the real world for you.

These allegations against Ken must be making life even harder?

Archived