1st Visit to PP.....

GPKiernan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matlock Bath is full of chipshops and tacky amusement arcades with a smattering of greasy bikers thrown in for good measure, is not very genteel at all for my civilised tastes

its you that drags it down! GEROUTOFIT!

You take that back!

Never, I'm correct, prove me wrong, show me one pleasing thing about t'Bath, apart from the cable cars, Gullivers Kingdom, Abraham Heights, the Mining Museum and the excellent Masson Mills, designer clothes for the cognoscenti x

Never, I'm correct, prove me wrong, show me one pleasing thing about t'Bath, apart from the cable cars, Gullivers Kingdom, Abraham Heights, the Mining Museum and the excellent Masson Mills, designer clothes for the cognoscenti x

The aquarium and good beer

theyve got a unique shop that fish nibble at your athletes foot when you dangle them in. The Aquarium owner wasn't too happy with me though.

Matlock Bath's tacky, but there's decent beer in the Fishpond, the Princess Vic, Riva, and the County and Station.

Surrounding village pubs are best, though. Barley Mow and King's Head at Bonsall, Flying Childers at Stanton in Peak, Boat at Cromford, Jug and Glass at Lea, Gate at Brassington, Barley Mow at Kirk Ireton etc etc.

For Matlock itself, climb the hill and find the Thorn Tree, otherwise don't bother..

Matlock Bath's tacky, but there's decent beer in the Fishpond, the Princess Vic, Riva, and the County and Station.

Surrounding village pubs are best, though. Barley Mow and King's Head at Bonsall, Flying Childers at Stanton in Peak, Boat at Cromford, Jug and Glass at Lea, Gate at Brassington, Barley Mow at Kirk Ireton etc etc.

For Matlock itself, climb the hill and find the Thorn Tree, otherwise don't bother..

What's a Flying Childer when it's at home is that a north Derbyshire phrase?

What's a Flying Childer when it's at home is that a north Derbyshire phrase?

Jimmy Tarbuck with a jetpack

It was a racehorse, apparently. Cracking little pub.

I am willing to be educated on the subject of Belper pubs. Usually just pass through on the train..

pull the cord and get off, your inforra treat.

Archived