1st Visit to PP.....

GPKiernan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I havn't met another Derby fan in Ireland :(

Edit: Apart from my brother and father!

Somebody should organise us all into a group trip for a match home to forest or leeds, would be great fun!

When I was working in Dublin there were a few used to come over to Derby on the Friday night flight I used to catch home. Also when we won the playoffs (it wasn't a Bank Holiday in Ireland and I had an un-getoutable meeting in the morning) I watched the game in the Porterhouse in Dublin with two other Rams fans.

Well, when I say 'watched' I mean shoved my hands over my eyes every time Kevin Phillips got the ball.

Many thanks to all above for the comments and suggestions  - Keddlestone Hall, Dovedale , Chatsworth for sure looks good -  my adult kids will just have to put up with me for 72 hours of culture and the odd visit to some emporiums along the way....off now to pack and head to the airport in 5 hours.......on Saturday I will be the grey haired [distinguished] guy wearing the "The Derbyshire" shirt from - what 4 seasons ago?! I'm on Twitter @GPKiernan

Thanks again and lets hope for 3 points and a good game and crack as we say here!

My brother in law is Irish. Funnily enough he supports Derby now. I think he finds life easier that way.

Ha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah..............................................................hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaah

Good one :(

Does anyone else live here i wouldn't recomend matlock bath to anyone. It's a dump only worth a visit in late september / october ffs!!!! Ashbourne, Dove dale, Manifold valley, Buxton, Bakewell are all far better. By all means go to Matlock Bath but what is there apart from a couple of crappy arcades????

i quite liked matlock when i visited there. proper butchers for example. although they were building a big supermarket there

I suppose it's like people who live in Blackpool or London you don't do the tourist crap if you live there.

There is a big difference in the london tourist crap than the blackpool tourist crap. well, as long as u avoid leicester square and picadilly circus.

Many thanks to all above for the comments and suggestions - Keddlestone Hall, Dovedale , Chatsworth for sure looks good - my adult kids will just have to put up with me for 72 hours of culture and the odd visit to some emporiums along the way....off now to pack and head to the airport in 5 hours.......on Saturday I will be the grey haired [distinguished] guy wearing the "The Derbyshire" shirt from - what 4 seasons ago?! I'm on Twitter @GPKiernan

Thanks again and lets hope for 3 points and a good game and crack as we say here!

probably too late now but calke abbey is ace. i prefered it to keddlestone manor.

probably too late now but calke abbey is ace. i prefered it to keddlestone manor.

do you mean Kedleston Hall?

I agree with you about Calke Abbey though, it reminds me of my house in some respects.

Not the size, but the dust and ***** piled everywhere.

There is a big difference in the london tourist crap than the blackpool tourist crap. well, as long as u avoid leicester square and picadilly circus.

Blackpool's dead to me.

They've stopped selling Belgian beer in the Pump and Truncheon.

Pump and Truncheon, is that a gay bar perchance? Or is it just my gutter level mind

No, it's a coppers pub

If it were a coppers pub surely it would have been called the Pump and Rubber Hoses?

Pump and old sock filled with billiard balls?

Anyway, it's on that little lane opposite the police station near Coral Island. The artwork inside the pub is cartoons of the old 'Bow Street Runner' type rozzers. 

Pump and old sock filled with billiard balls?

Anyway, it's on that little lane opposite the police station near Coral Island. The artwork inside the pub is cartoons of the old 'Bow Street Runner' type rozzers. 

Or pump and electric shock treatment if you're from Saudi. 

Archived