We're the 18th biggest club in the country

Leicester Ram

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10.6% of Derby likes are active on Facebook
2.82% of West Ham likes are active on Facebook

West Ham has a bigger catchment area, does that make China and India the biggest footballing nations?

The post does say This is inevitably subjective, but is based on fact, notably attendances, trophies, transfer dealing, stadiums and league performances.

I'll stick with the Facebook statistics.

West Ham 300,000 likes

Derby County 40,000

Bigger club than West Ham my arse.

What on earth has any social network got to do with it? Any organisation can ask for likes on their site. Come into the real World.

What on earth has any social network got to do with it? Any organisation can ask for likes on their site. Come into the real World.

Pretty much the same as the attendance argument then eh?

Any club can flog tickets for a fiver and get a near sell out to improve attendances.

Anyone who believes we are a bigger club than West Ham is living in cloud cuckoo land.

And humour? I've more humour in my left testicle than most bores on here, I just disagree we are a "bigger" club than West Ham that's all. Massive fanbase, better players over the years, bigger stadium, better history, more trophies, higher attendances, 66 world cup squad...

Man U fans my arse.

Some of these are kids at my school. We talk footie sometimes and they harp on about them. So I ask them if they've ever been to OT, to which they say no and can't figure out why I have been when they know I'm a Derby fan.

I despair.

Wolves and Wednesday are both big clubs and deserving of their place above us. West Ham are bigger than us.

I've always thought Blades of all clubs to probably be our closest match in size. You couldn't get a fag paper between us and Forest barring their two European cups so no arguments that achievement deservedly ranks them above us.

We all tend to have our personal perceptions of big clubs, I'd put Ipswich in a top 20, at the expense of Bolton.

Surely it all depends on what the definition of 'bigger' is..

Surely the definition of bigger is equal to more powerful.. Do we have a bigger pull over WHU or Wigan.. Do we feck..

What has trophies got to do with anything? Montreal Canadiens have won twice as many Stanley Cups than their nearest challenger yet they're not bigger than the likes of Chicago, Pittsburgh or LA..

Trophies = more historic.. More historic doesn't mean bigger..

Fans.. Who gives a feck if we get 2k more fans than anoither side.. That literally has no bearing on anything whatsoever.. Especially when the numbers can fluctuate from an average of 33k one season to 25k the next..

Time spent in the top flight.. Now this one could be a good factor.. But this counts to a team being successful over a period of time.. It also counts as historic I'd imagine.. Didn't Coventry spend something like 30 years in the top flight? Or was that Southampton? Probably points to the insignificance of this given that I don't even know who it was..

Big clubs are the more thriving clubs.. The clubs that have potential and can attract big names, the clubs that the world has heard and seen.. Clubs that have fanbases overseas.. Something Wigan Athletic have but Derby County don't..

Wigan > Derby

Wolves and Wednesday are both big clubs and deserving of their place above us. West Ham are bigger than us.

I've always thought Blades of all clubs to probably be our closest match in size. You couldn't get a fag paper between us and Forest barring their two European cups so no arguments that achievement deservedly ranks them above us.

We all tend to have our personal perceptions of big clubs, I'd put Ipswich in a top 20, at the expense of Bolton.

I like the bit where you say you can't get a fag packet between us and Forest except their 2 European cups, is a bit like saying we both have the same cars as they both have 4 wheels a steering wheel and an exhaust except mine has a Ferrari badge and yours a Skoda :)

Archived