I have failed as a father.

Boycie

You haven't failed him-you have made him...instead of a lifetime of misery and failure supporting the Rams he has got a lifetime of success and happiness supporting the biggest club in the world.

For me, you should be parent of the year...well done. I just wish my dad had given me the same advice.

you've been out the country too long swiss!

ManU fans are far from happy. Despite all the success they are mardy, bitter and can never accept defeat with grace. They started a new team because of the hatred of their owners.

:p

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure my lad supports Manchester FC or FC Manchester.

I guess he's not either, I have a feeling he may be a Citeh or Chelski fan next season.

Just like his Dad was at school, changing teams like the wind.

Just like his Dad was at school, changing teams like the wind.

youve got some front, you were forest in 1979&1980.

Jokin aside, that's why there were lots of Forest fans in our school, bloody glory supporters.

I wonder if Derby had glory supporters in the early 70's?

youve got some front, you were forest in 1979&1980.

Jokin aside, that's why there were lots of Forest fans in our school, bloody glory supporters.

I wonder if Derby had glory supporters in the early 70's?

Move on, nothing to see here..... :(  :D

• 6 months later...

It saddens me to have to admit that I have failed my son.

I have known for a few years now that I have a problem with drink, swearing, and arguing in front of the children. Watching inappropriate programmes on TV before they go to bed, missing valuable hours of their childhood by sitting on this forum and other social media night after night.

Dismissing his cries for help with his homework, sending him off the school with a hedge bottom hair do because I was getting a pun into a thread.

Making him eat pot noodles and other microwave easy meals because it took up too much of my time.

Well, all the above I can live with, but tonight, tonight he said he doesn't want to support Derby anymore, but wants to support Manu.

Where did I go wrong? Should I have been there in his hours of need?

I'm just a terrible parent, with a Manu supporting son.

Please don't pity me.

But, help me.

What do I do? This isn't covered in the parenting courses that my missus has been on.

I've never been so upset.

Just thought I'd see how you was coping, is it getting any easier now?

I had an extremely proud moment with my eldest this afternoon, he is 4 and after watching the FA Cup draw with me he turned to his younger brother (19 months) and said "Come on Joshua, let's play football, I will be Super Derby and you can be dirty Leeds cos they are rubbish" my heart filled uo with immense proudness!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived