Coventry to leave the RICOH

Gaspode

Coventry might play their last games of the season away from the RICOH after some 'manoeuvring' by their owner SISU in order to try and write off their stadium rental debts and avoid the club going into administration.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11710/8582040/Coventry-set-to-leave-Ricoh-Arena-after-twist-on-eve-of-High-Court-hearing

Looks as if we really did dodge a bullet with that lot.....

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is slightly different in that they'd structured it so that a property company was effectively renting the ground on the club's behalf - they've put the property company into administration which (they hope) will mean that they can write off the rent debts that are outstanding (but they potentially won't be able to play at the ground again...)

I think this is slightly different in that they'd structured it so that a property company was effectively renting the ground on the club's behalf - they've put the property company into administration which (they hope) will mean that they can write off the rent debts that are outstanding (but they potentially won't be able to play at the ground again...)

Er.....so who do the ricoh arena think is going to hire their stadium?

Rangers!

its fudging the rules though - either way the football club cant afford to pay its rebt - whether its to a front company or the grounds owners. I hope the league punish them for something.

I think the Ricoh owners,will be doing an awful lot of backtracking.

Lets face it,as good as the stadium is,it was a football stadium,and what else will it get used for,besides the odd concert now again.

Without Coventry City FC,the stadium is a very expensive white elephant. 

Yep, and Rick was Parfitt. :p

46 years ago this week they wrote their chord.

Coincidentally, 35 years ago this week I wrote that gag.

Hope we don't end up going down, down, deeper and down....

I don't think they'll roll over, lay down. They may be accident prone but what you're proposing, again and again, is to break the rules and become the wanderer. Financially, they'll say to Ricoh 'can't give you more' - the alternative is the whole lot will go down the dustpipe.

I don't think they'll roll over, lay down. They may be accident prone but what you're proposing, again and again, is to break the rules and become the wanderer. Financially, they'll say to Ricoh 'can't give you more' - the alternative is the whole lot will go down the dustpipe.

Ok Eddie, Whatever you want.......you've been to Belgium, its hardly Rockin all over the World is it?

Archived