Should it be the owners or the fans say?

Boycie

It could do but somehow i dont think it will, our owners cant be that hard up if they happy to loose 7 mil a year.

They're not hard up, I think we all agree on that. They just don't believe with Derby you can recoup your losses by throwing more money at the problem, just the same as a gambling addict thinks he will recoup his losses by gambling more and more money. It just doesn't happen.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The owners have spent a lot of money to this club. Of course they have loads of it. I have spent all my adult life supporting this club. And some of my childhood too. I only have one of both. In my mind I have invested more. Moneywise too.

I think if we have another season of bargain buys (i.e. Primark quality) we will struggle to get 20,000 at home games next year. There's no doubt the current crop are trying hard but there's no real quality, no-one who would get into a Championship XI. Only Hendrick of those currently playing shows signs of Premiership quality.

With our squad we shouldn't be losing so much money either. 

20'000?? When I renewed this week, I asked how many season tickets we had sold & at that time it was less than a 1000, I know its early days but its hardly encouraging in my opinion...

Think the difference between us and Japan is that Japan has a manufacturing base whereas our economy is predominantly built around paper banking transactions which add no value whatsoever. Was a rubbish analogy anyway I do agree :)

an aggressive response, but Japan are pouring money into infrastructure projects.  These are aimed at getting the country moving in the right direction.

So, I do think it is a ***** hot analogy, init.

20'000?? When I renewed this week, I asked how many season tickets we had sold & at that time it was less than a 1000, I know its early days but its hardly encouraging in my opinion...

I call bull *****, maybe with your renewing date, but, the club "celebrated" signing up their 1000th ST 2 weeks ago.

SO THERE!  

maybe the spotty urchin behind the desk was a bull shitter?

They're not hard up, I think we all agree on that. They just don't believe with Derby you can recoup your losses by throwing more money at the problem, just the same as a gambling addict thinks he will recoup his losses by gambling more and more money. It just doesn't happen.

Well they dont seem to have an answer. 4 years down the road, no improvement, were loosing money, were heading for a relegation battle and fans are starting to become annoyed.

I call bull *****, maybe with your renewing date, but, the club "celebrated" signing up their 1000th ST 2 weeks ago.

SO THERE!  

maybe the spotty urchin behind the desk was a bull shitter?

Renewed on Tuesday, if the cashier was bulls shitting then great, but it does begger the question on how up to date the club keep them, or if they honestly give a **** about giving out the correct information...

Well they dont seem to have an answer. 4 years down the road, no improvement, were loosing money, were heading for a relegation battle and fans are starting to become annoyed.

Sorry to sound pedantic but important point is that THEY'RE losing money - the board are the ones that are bankrolling our yearly losses. Clearly they did not buy Derby to finance huge losses every year. They are far more interested in organic growth by via the youth system and academy than paying huge transfer fees. The transfer fees we do pay will be covered by the sale of organically grown assets. I think a lot of people are in for a shock this summer.

Renewed on Tuesday, if the cashier was bulls shitting then great, but it does begger the question on how up to date the club keep them, or if they honestly give a **** about giving out the correct information...

Are you saying the club spin out PR which is untrue?

Well, hooooow dare you?

Sorry to sound pedantic but important point is that THEY'RE losing money - the board are the ones that are bankrolling our yearly losses. Clearly they did not buy Derby to finance huge losses every year. They are far more interested in organic growth by via the youth system and academy than paying huge transfer fees. The transfer fees we do pay will be covered by the sale of organically grown assets. I think a lot of people are in for a shock this summer.

Your spot on. People are only measuring our progress by league position which is obviously the most important, but we are definitely in a better position than in previous years. We could sell Hughes for 10m and spend the money and seriously be contenders

an aggressive response, but Japan are pouring money into infrastructure projects.  These are aimed at getting the country moving in the right direction.

So, I do think it is a ***** hot analogy, init.

Respect. I was talking about my initial analogy to be fair being crap. I do agree we should be spending more on transport infrastructure. Have excluded the high speed rail link as this stops in some field in Long Eaton which is totally pointless. And the extension to the trams in Nottingham to Clifton which will just mean the local pikeys will find it far more easier to be mobile and rob from houses further afield. Not that I am biased naturally.

Your spot on. People are only measuring our progress by league position which is obviously the most important, but we are definitely in a better position than in previous years. We could sell Hughes for 10m and spend the money and seriously be contenders

HAppy clapper!

we're DOOMED!

Respect. I was talking about my initial analogy to be fair being crap. I do agree we should be spending more on transport infrastructure. Have excluded the high speed rail link as this stops in some field in Long Eaton which is totally pointless. And the extension to the trams in Nottingham to Clifton which will just mean the local pikeys will find it far more easier to be mobile and rob from houses further afield. Not that I am biased naturally.

its not a field, its Toton sidings.  A mecca for train spotters.

Who decides if Clough should stay or go?

We spend our money, and without us there'd be no "club"

The owners spend £7million every year on debts.

If the majority want him gone, should they listen?

If the majority want him gone and are prepared to let the owners know, (loudly and often), then he will be gone. Not many boards would do what Blackburn did last year and stand by Kean through the fans protests.

If enough fans made enough fuss, Clough would probably walk anyway.

I really think GSE would baulk at bad publicity, their whole edifice is built on spin and sending positive messages to the money men back in the States.

A riot or two would be deemed "off message" by the corporate suits and GSE would have to do summart about it rather quickly.

Archived