Should it be the owners or the fans say?

Boycie

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As i have mentioned in the 'Clough' poll thread. If the teams below us win their games in hand, 15th becomes 18th. Who would be happy then? What would it take for us to shake the tree and see what falls? We are 22nd in the form table too, 22nd!! If we end up in 18th, what is there to stop it becoming 19th or even 22nd?

The board may well have a plan that Clough is working to but they need to realise that they are draining the life of the club. I have never been so bored and disinterested in my entire 32 years of following the Rams and I know that many of you feel the same. It's like Groundhog Day season after season and its got the potential to seriously damage our future fan base if it carries on. Next season I think there will be a sharp drop in ST holders and match day attendances, particularly if as I expect out summer signings are as underwhelming as previous years. We are stagnating and something has to give before its too late.

That is the question, what do you define as the job? Am sure the boards definition of Clough doing a good job is wildly at variance with many fans opinions on here. But it's the board opinion that ultimately counts. 

I guess, with a lower end Championship wage budget (only got an old Metgod quote to back that up tbf) who could give us the maximum chance of sneaking the Play Offs and getting our payday?

Like I say, Billy could. But there's 2 big reasons why not to employ the silly fat dwarf.

1) he moans like a whore and has the charm of Peter Sutcliffe. A sacking waiting to happen. Short term manager

2) he know the English game. The style, the strengths. He plays to them. Stick him in the next division up and the style changes. Short term? The PL retains some of that English pace, passion. But it's got heavy influence from foreign players who play the game more technically than Big Steve the CB and Giant John the target man. Would his style do any good?

But if you gave him an average Championship side like Derby he could probably steal you a top 8 finish. He might nick a top 6.

Who decides if Clough should stay or go?

We spend our money, and without us there'd be no "club"

The owners spend £7million every year on debts.

If the majority want him gone, should they listen?

I dont understand what the owners are doing. Why are they here ? They are basically just the people who are 7 million down each year. If you are willing to loose money each year, put a bit more in to sign players and give the prem ago so you can recoup some money. Spend money to make money.

I dont understand what the owners are doing. Why are they here ? They are basically just the people who are 7 million down each year. If you are willing to loose money each year, put a bit more in to sign players and give the prem ago so you can recoup some money. Spend money to make money.

exactly.

but i doubt this manager can do it.  He's never had money, and dont think he likes players on big wages.

That's like saying to George Osbourne go on George, throw a load of cash at getting us out of this double dip recession and then bankrupt the whole country when it goes horribly wrong. 

That's like saying to George Osbourne go on George, throw a load of cash at getting us out of this double dip recession and then bankrupt the whole country when it goes horribly wrong. 

Japan are doing just that at the moment, I for one think it could work.

lets not forget, he was given 10 years at Burton.

As soon as he found success, he left.

but he left in January, surely Burton would have slumped un the second half if the season just like we have every year hes been with us

maybe he left before throwing away success

Japan are doing just that at the moment, I for one think it could work.

Think the difference between us and Japan is that Japan has a manufacturing base whereas our economy is predominantly built around paper banking transactions which add no value whatsoever. Was a rubbish analogy anyway I do agree :)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm its not really though is it. we dont need to spend millions upon millions. Like we have been saying on here, 'A few quality players' Not a new squad. Would boost attendances, would improve the team, and would stop people like me and many others on here moaning that are club is in trouble :)

I think if we have another season of bargain buys (i.e. Primark quality) we will struggle to get 20,000 at home games next year. There's no doubt the current crop are trying hard but there's no real quality, no-one who would get into a Championship XI. Only Hendrick of those currently playing shows signs of Premiership quality.

With our squad we shouldn't be losing so much money either. 

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm its not really though is it. we dont need to spend millions upon millions. Like we have been saying on here, 'A few quality players' Not a new squad. Would boost attendances, would improve the team, and would stop people like me and many others on here moaning that are club is in trouble :)

If we are losing 7-8 million quid every season then overspending by even a few million might sink the entire boat.

Archived