Birmingham City v Derby County

Hucknall Ram

What has NC said on his RD interview?

The only thing of any note for me was when Clough said that the "inexperienced" players were still making mistakes and he was at the point of infuriation that they were doing things on the pitch when being told otherwise by the coaching staff but as they were young and had potential he would persevere with them. Which basically means Clough is a crap coach as his players aren't listening to him. 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely agree, the problem is we have a number of fans who think mediocrity is good!

Barker who's nothing more than a good Championship centre half who may not be the same player ever again after such a serious injury. And Jamie Ward, another player who's decent at this level but hardly a world beater and goes through spells where he's really quite ineffective. Neither of whom would be 'star' men in any of the top 6 and might not even get in the starting 11 of some.

Two absolutely key and experienced players who have proven they can make the difference where itreally counts. I think the rest of the squad is good enough but these two playing every game could have been worth around 12 points. Just an opinion

the squad is NOT good enough, it shows when we bring subs on, they are NOT as good as those they replace, this showed in the draw against F****t, their subs were far better than ours .

The only thing of any note for me was when Clough said that the "inexperienced" players were still making mistakes and he was at the point of infuriation that they were doing things on the pitch when being told otherwise by the coaching staff but as they were young and had potential he would persevere with them. Which basically means Clough is a crap coach as his players aren't listening to him. 

Are Roberts, Buxton, Keogh, Bryson, Coutts, Salmon, Martin that inexperienced?

Legzdins, Keogh, Buxton, Roberts, Davies, Coutts, Forsyth, Martin and Sammon are hardly young and inexperienced. Hehdrick has almost 100 apps at Championship level too.

To suggest it is inexperience that is our issue is just making yet another excuse.

Are Roberts, Buxton, Keogh, Bryson, Coutts, Salmon, Martin that inexperienced?

All Clough did by trying to make excuses that the young players aren't absorbing what is being told to them is highlight his own deficiencies as a coach. Which is a peculiar defence in anyone's book.

Clough has bought some good young players in to the squad but youth players aren't going to help you see games out. Most teams have two or Three playing at the same time, we have over half the team! Our main task is to stay up now, we are in a relegation battle whether you like it or not. Bristol at home is a must win game.

I've been laughing at some of the negativity on here recently, especially the ones saying we could end up in a relegation fight 7 games ago. Why are they always right? I should know better being a derby fan. There is a reason these fans are so negative.

I've been laughing at some of the negativity on here recently, especially the ones saying we could end up in a relegation fight 7 games ago. Why are they always right? I should know better being a derby fan. There is a reason these fans are so negative.

They have a right to their views. Enlighten up all as to what the reason is, oh wise one.

Archived