The basics... do we get them right?

Mostyn6

I'm not sure there is a deal of dead wood. It's just that the majority of our players are mid table standard, and mainly that's what they were brought in to maintain. If we are to go higher. we need another couple of young ones to make the grade at a higher level [i'd say Hendrick and Hughes are there]; plus 2 or 3 from outside. Anyone got a few million quid they don't want?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New to forum no chance of any money from yanks (why are they here) debt does not go down it seems to me. Added to that we have a poor manager and even worse back room staff. We play 4 centre midfield players when we have a decent left midfield player in Michael Jacobs on bench. All to often we appear to play 4.5.1 leaving salmon isolated up front Hendricks has done well this season bur Bryson is suffering playing wide

L

Not posted on here for a while, but i regularly visit to see how much the site has picked up since P**** G***** instigated the demise of the old DET forum. I do miss that place 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />.........

Strange that you have such fond memories. I thought you were hounded out of the DET with a posse on your tail.

The problem is Nigel is a very average manager.

I think deep down he wants his teams to play good passing football, which we've seen in spells, but once things start to go wrong, he doesn't have the strength of his convictions, or the strength of character to change the way the team are playing, and once things start to slide that's it.

Instead of pushing the players on and keeping them doing the right things he ends up reverting back to the backs-to-the-wall stuff that we see far too often.

Agreed, look at October, November 2010 and compare it to the awful survival football of most of 2011, which was actually 4-4-2 which people think is only a positive formation wasn't back then.

These last few season season have followed similar patterns.

Aug-Sep: OK start, mid table and get knocked out by a lower league team in the league cup

Oct-Dec: Our best spell of footballl, good results home and away constantly about 3 points off the play-offs

Jan-Feb: Start of the slump, wins become draws, draws become losses, disappointing FA Cup defeat.

Mar-May: Strongish-end, some youngsters break into the first team and show promise and some decent performances give hope for next season, finish 10-15th some 9 points off the play-offs.

Strange that you have such fond memories. I thought you were hounded out of the DET with a posse on your tail.

Not even close. But if you fantasise about cyber-bullying and hounding people out for having the audacity to voice opposing opinions to that of yours, it says more about you than it does me! How fulfilling your life must be!

Just out of curiosity, "posse"?? I had/have a posse? really? Who was in this posse? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

I was at the DET until the end, albeit I had a ban for a couple of weeks for mentioning the unmentionable!

Not even close. But if you fantasise about cyber-bullying and hounding people out for having the audacity to voice opposing opinions to that of yours, it says more about you than it does me! How fulfilling your life must be!

Just out of curiosity, "posse"?? I had/have a posse? really? Who was in this posse? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

I was at the DET until the end, albeit I had a ban for a couple of weeks for mentioning the unmentionable!

I was in the posse, black hat, chestnut horse, second from the back?

Lol, nah I'm not in for them shenanigans. I'm Mostyn. I'm pretty sure people are just pretending not to remember me!

I used to say that Paul Jewell was useless and everyone on DET/Cstand used to slate me for it. How did that turn out anyways?

On the DET board under another user name I was one of the first to call for Jewell to go,and recieved loads of

personal abuse.Ironically those people are on here now calling Jewell blind and giving me personal abuse

because of my same views on Clough Jnr!Deja vu all over again.

On the DET board under another user name I was one of the first to call for Jewell to go,and recieved loads of

personal abuse.Ironically those people are on here now calling Jewell blind and giving me personal abuse

because of my same views on Clough Jnr!Deja vu all over again.

I remember the time very well, people making excuses cos Leacock and Albrechtsen were out injured, and as soon as they returned everything would slot into place! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sleep' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='-_-' />

I thought the whole idea of 4-5-1 was to crowd the midfield and make it difficult for the opposition to play the ball around? unfortunately the majority of teams we lose to don't have any midfielders so our players end up getting in each others way.

Doing the basics correctly is important, unfortunately it seems like every time Keogh has a decent game but makes a mistake or two the opposition get a goal out of it. Whether its missing a header or putting it in our net.

granted.

Troy, he was previously banned on here, but that was a few years ago, so we are aware of previous histories.

Not sure about that. He seemed to have never heard of this forum when I told him I'd started posting on here. I know he got banned from the DET, but who wasn't at some point!?!?!

I don't think he's done anything here over the past two days than talk about Derby, but hey, if them's the rules, harsh as they are, and it's the same person, who am I to argue?

Archived